Rook Hunt, Le Chasseur d'Amour

Episode 5: Chapter 11~12

=============

The small group walked through the hallways, chatting excitedly until they reached the room from class 3-A. 

Ace suddenly went quiet and shivered. "Ugh. I don't know how you can come into this class every single day, Lev. Just walking into a senior's classroom makes me sweat."

Lev shrugged. "I suppose you just get used to it."

"There's Leona!" Grim chirped. "Heeey! Leona! C'mere for a sec!" 

Lev flinched. "Wait! Grim!" 

Leona's hard stare locked on to them, specifically, onto Lev. He stood up from his seat and stomped over.

Ahhh. I'm very dead.

"I thought I told you not to come, Leviline," he growled.

Lev swallowed nervously and frowned at him. "Sorry, but have you walked through this school? It a maze. And if you haven't noticed, my friends aren't the brightest bulbs in the box. I saw it as more effective to just have them follow me." Her trio of friends wrinkled their noses at her.

"Seriously?" Leona ran his hand through his hair in an annoyed manner. "Ugh. I knew that someday you're gonna pay for your niceties. Listen well, Kitten. It's not worth coming here unnecessarily. If I could, I wouldn't even be here."

"But, we have to audition for the VDC!" Grim protested.

"Quel?" a voice chirped. None other than Rook Hunt suddenly appeared behind them. "New challengers? Marvelous!" 

"WAH!" Ace yelped. "What the heck dude?! You scared me!" 

Rook chuckled. "Oh? Pardon. I didn't mean to startle you." He studied the males. "I can see you three are meaning to audition. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Rook Hunt, Le Chasseur d'Amour. It's an pleasure to meet to you all. And, Madame Belle," the male turned to Lev, "it's an honor to be graced with your presence once again."

Lev opened her mouth to say something, but Leona stood in front of her.

"Back off, weirdo" he growled, glaring at Rook. 

"And a good day to you, Rio de Lion," the other male replied, smiling widely. He looked Ace, Deuce, and Grim up and down, studying them. He began muttering, "Let's see...Class 1-A, number 25, human, 172 cm, Ace Trappola....number 24 of the same class, human, 172 cm, Deuce Spade....Grim the monster of Ramshackle Dorm, approximately 70 cm... Prefect of Ramshackle Dorm, Leviline Route, human, measuring---"

"I'm gonna stop you right there," Leona hissed. Lev paled.

How...Is that what Leona meant when he said Rook likes to watch people?

"How do you know all that stuff?" Deuce gasped.

Rook's smile widened. "As a hunter, it's my duty to be able to grasp the size and type of any student here. It's quite helpful when looking for specific personal for special work or jobs."

"Or, you're just a pervert who doesn't know how to get out of other people's personal bubble," Leona snarled. 

Rook put a hand to his heart dramatically. "Rio du Lion! You hurt me. I'd never consider using my knowledge for fowl purposes. Everything I do is pure and thoughtful." Leona huffed, unconvinced. "Anyway, you all wish to participate in the VDC, non?" He gestured to Ace, Deuce, Grim, and Lev.

"Oh, not me. Just those three," she clarified, taking a step back to show she wasn't interested.

Rook frowned. "Are you sure, Riene de Blanc? I'm sure you'd look positively stunning onstage, especially when paired up with our beautiful Vil."