Unexpected Entrance

Prologue Chapter 2~3

~~~~~~~

By the time Crowley and Lev arrived in the Mirror Chamber, most of the students had already started to leave. A small group standing near the center of the room talking to each other. One of the students spoke up. 

"By the way, where did the headmaster go? He flew out right in the middle of the ceremony..." asked a tall, handsome student.

A voice spoke from out of a floating tablet. "Abandoning his post...lucky..."

"Did he get a stomachache or something?" another student asked.

Crowley shoved open the door, startling the students. "Wait just a moment!"

"Ah, there he is," a student with bright red hair sighed.

Crowley shook his head. "I cannot believe you all. We were missing one new student so I went to find them." The students looked at Lev, staring uncomfortably at her. She pulled her hood down lower to try and shield her face. 

Why are there only guys here?  she thought. Thanks brain. You come up with the most stupid dreams.

Crowley turned to her. "You are the only one yet to be assigned to a dormitory. Go step in front of the Dark Mirror." Grim squirmed in Crowley's hold.

"O-okay," she stuttered. With everyone's eyes on her, she stepped in front of a large mirror. All of a sudden, a white face flanked by green fire appeared in the mirror. 

"State thy name," the face in the mirror commanded.

Lev swallowed, her tongue now dry. Can your tongue go dry in a dream?

"Lev Route," she shakily, praying that her nickname was enough to trick the mirror.  

"Lev Route," the mirror repeated. "The shape of thy soul is..." It stopped, squinting at her it could only say, "I don't know." The students in the room went quiet.

"Excuse me?" Crowley gasped.

"I sense not a spark of magic from this one..." the mirror stated, "The color, the shape, all are nothing. Therefore, they are suited for no dormitory." The students gasped and started whispering.

"No way!"

"No magic?"

"How'd they get here if they have no magic?"

"Is it sure?"

Crowley interrupted them all with a booming voice. "An Ebony Carriage would absolutely never go to meet someone who can't use magic! In 100 years there has not once been a mistake in student selection. So why in the world..."

Is this done yet? Lev sighed. I'd really like to wake up now.

Grim ripped free of his constraints and shouted, "Take me instead!"

Crowley growled. "Stay there, Raccoon!"

"Unlike that dumb human, I can use magic! Let me in the school instead!" Grim exclaimed. "If you need proof I'll show you right now!"

"Uh-oh," Lev sighed.

"Everyone! Get down!" the red-haired boy ordered. 

Grim grunted and the room was suddenly enveloped in flames once again. The students started to scream and run away. One in particular ran around frantically, screaming.

"WAAAH! Hot hot hot! My butt's on fire!" he screamed, swatting at himself. Lev, despite the severity of the situation, couldn't help but crack a smile.