Go to the Light

Episode 6: Chapter ----

==============

Lev groaned as she slowly awoke. Her head ached and her insides felt like they were being poisoned all over again. She curled up in a childlike effort to relieve the pain.

Wait. Wasn't she leaning against Rook when she fell asleep?

She shot up dispite the pain. She was laying down on a hard bed in a small blue-grey room. It looked very similar to the rest of the building, metal and cold. 

"How-" she tried to get up but tripped, not expecting her clothing to snap around her legs. She gripped the stiff fabric and growled. Someone had changed her clothing from the Pomefiore outfit to a tight blue tunic-thing. A tight blue collar was also fastened around her neck. 

She tried feeling around the collar in order to take it off. It was just tight enough to be uncomfortable. She tugged and pinched the stupid thing, but it didn't loosen in the slightest. 

She huffed and ran her fingers through her hair in a frustrated motion. 

Great. Now I'm seperated from everyone.

There was a loud click, and she spun around just as the electric door opened. Ortho hovered on the other side. His eyes closed in what seemed to be a smile.

"Hi, Prefect!"

Lev took a deep breath. She didn't want to lose her temper in front of the kid.

"Ortho," she asked slowly, "where is Rook and Epel?"

"Still in the small conference room."

"Why am I here?"

The boy huffed his shoulders in a little shrug. "Idia said he wanted to run some tests." 

Lev groaned, "Why did I choose to get myself into this mess?"

"Don't worry Miss Prefect," Ortho chirpped. "The tests aren't harmful at all, and with the tiny amount of magic in your body, I doubt we'll find anything harmful." The door opened again and a Charon soldier marched in. "Ooh! Looks like we're ready for you!"

Lev looked between the armor bot and the robot boy. "Guess I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Not really..." There was a small hint of sadness in Ortho's voice.

Lev stood up and stretched. "Fine then. Might as well get this over with." 

============

After letting Ortho and the armored soldiers lead her through the mazelike halls of the building, Lev found herself standing in front of a large doorway. 

Ortho floated up to the door and it instantly opened for him. 

"Prefect, this way please." He gestured to inside the room. 

Cautiously, Lev stepped inside. It was all pure white save for a large gray rectangle on one wall that she was willing to bet was a window into another room.

"Where is your brother?" Lev asked. 

Ortho looked up at the rectangle. "He's watching."

Lev wrinkled her nose angrily.  "Figures."

Ortho floated over to one of three large chairs in the center of the room. "Please have a seat, Prefect."

Lev's stomach churned in anxiety. What would these tests do to her? Maybe they'd find what caused the fire? She wasn't sure if she wanted them to find out or not.

She walked stiffly and sat down in the hard metal chair. Two scientists suddenly appeared and bound her hands and feet to the chair. Her anxiety spiked.