Cursed Dreams and Food

Episode 5: Chapter 28~32

============

Late that evening, the group had just finished eating their specially-planned and made dinner and had begun following Vil's 'nightly routine' that he highly...encouraged everyone to follow. Vil himself had locked himself in his room, claiming he needed time alone to brainstorm more moves for their performance. 

With the Pomefiore dorm head out of earshot, Ace got right to complaining.

"Uuuggggh, I'm exhausted," he started, collapsing onto one of the lounge sofas. "And hungry. That meal wasn't bad or anything, but it wasn't enough."

Oh yeah, I still have to talk to Vil about junk food...

"I agree," Kalim sighed. "It wasn't bad, but it needed a bit of spice and some oil."

Jamil shrugged. "The recipe was all vegetables, fruits and chicken. The amount itself should've been enough."  

"But, I'm still hungry!" Grim whined. "And I'm not even in the competition! Why can't I eat whatever I want?!" 

"Because you live in this dorm and have nowhere else to go," Lev stated blandly, pinching the small monster's ear.  "So, can you please be quiet so I don't rethink my options and ask the Headmaster to send you off to Octavinelle for this training camp?"

Grim flinched. "Y-yes, ma'am."

At that moment, the doorbell suddenly rang.

"Who could that be?" Deuce wondered out loud.

"Let's go see." Lev walked quickly to the front door and opened it. On the other side was a ghost in a delivery uniform that was flanked by a small mountain of boxes.

What the...

"I have a package here for Epel Felmier from Pomefiore," the ghost said.

"That's me!" Epel called, walking up beside Lev.

The ghost pulled a magic clipboard out of the air. "Sign here, please." After Epel signed the paper, the ghost disappeared with a thanks and a slight poof.

Lev stared at the boxes. "Epel, what on earth are all these?"

Epel sighed. "These are definitely from my nana--from my grandmother. I keep telling her not to send me these..."

"What's in these?" Kalim asked casually. "Silks? New clothes?"

"Nothing that fancy," Epel said, opening one of the large boxes. "My hometown is known for its apples so one of our main exports is apple juice. These boxes are probably all filled with any apple juice bottles that didn't sell." The small male sighed again. "Stop dumping all the leftovers on me," he muttered under his breath.

"These are all juice?!" Ace gasped. "Incredible."

"Want some?" Epel offered, holding up a bottle. "It's made with 100% apple juice and doesn't have any preservatives or anything like that. It's super healthy so even Vil should be okay with this."

"Merci, Monsieur Crabapple," Rook thanked, taking a bottle. "Give your family my thanks."

"Same here," Lev said, smiling. "Thanks, Epel."

Epel gave her a big smile, one she could tell was genuine. "Not a problem, Prefect. But...can I get some help moving all these boxes?"

Oh yeah, there's a mountain on them currently stacked in my doorway.

"Of course!" 

====Time Skip====

After helping Epel move all the boxes to the lounge, Vil appeared to give the students a very lengthy lecture on skin care before sending them all to bed (much to many people's dismay).