'Bet The Limit'

Episode 5: Chapter 63~64

=============

--------

Quia maledictus eris super terram

Quod lux septem, tredecim tenebris;

---------

Lev awoke and coughed, trying desperately to eject the poisonous liquid from her body. But, nothing happened. When she was done, she looked around. She was sitting on a small island. The hot hand warmed her hands and legs. Her clothes were also different than what she had just been wearing. Her back also stung a little. Ignoring her pain, she stood up and shouted for her friends, but to no avail. She was back in the dream world. 

Deciding to search for some some help, she began to run around, searching for someone, anyone, who could help her. After a moment, her eyes landed on a pair of boys standing on the seashore. She had seen them before, in another dream. They got up on a raft and started pushing it out to sea. In the distance, Lev could see a dark cloud forming. It looked eerily similar to a storm conjured by an Overblot.

Suddenly afraid, she knew that they boys wouldn't survive. Unless...

Without any hesitation, she threw herself into the water, unknowingly submitting herself to a journey known only in dreams...

=~=~=~=~=

This world has been connected.

Imperium pugna;

=========

Jamil and the rest of the group flew out of the hallway and onto the large purple stage. The weather had turned from a cheerful sunny and cloudless to a dreary, rainy gray.

"Ah, it's like the sky has become the personification of Vil's despair," Rook sighed.

Kalim and Grim scooted close to Jamil, who was trying to get Lev to swallow some antidote that would hopefully slow the poison. 

"Will she be alright?" Grim asked worriedly.

"I don't know," Jamil responded. "Hopefully, we can get Vil to snap to his senses, and that'll nullify the effects of the poison."

The group ran onto the stage.

"Where is everyone?" Kalim asked. 

"I've already evacuated everyone," Jamil said. "Like you, a saw Vil's expression during Neige's performance and took action. Now, everyone is happily watching Neige and his friends preform inside the school."

"Yay!" Kalim shouted, clapping. "That's the Jamil I know!" 

"Hey!" Deuce, Ace, and Epel  ran onto the stage. "Jamil! We got everyone evacuated!"

"Good," Jamil sighed, gently picking up Lev and laying her down onto the ground.

Deuce's eyes widened. "What happened to Lev?!" 

"She got poisoned," Grim explained.

"By who?!" Epel shouted.

"Vil," Rook said. "He has Overblotted."

"WHAT?!" Ace screamed. "You gotta be kidding me."

"Well, that explains the poisonous fog surrounding the Coliseum," Deuce sighed. "What are we gonna do?"

There was a loud crash and Vil suddenly appeared before them.

"Did you really think I'll let you escape?" he laughed. "No one who has witnessed by ugly form can be allowed to live."

"Ack!" Epel exclaimed. "What-?!" 

"We gotta hold him off!" Jamil shouted. "If we don't, his and Lev's lives are going to be in grave danger!"

"Got it!" 

====Battle Skip (because I'm lazy ~-_-~)====

-----------

Et relictis apud amicos

Her ira adolescit;

-----------

After fighting the incredibly strong Vil, the Coliseum was nearly destroyed and Vil was no closer to going down.

"What...are we going to do?" Epel gasped. 

"I'm almost out of magic..." Ace panted.

"Don't stop everyone!" Rook shouted. "The fog is spreading!" 

Deuce suddenly stepped forward. "Everyone, GET BACK!" Everyone froze.

"Hey! Did you hear?!" Epel shouted. "GET DOWN!" 

Hesitantly, everyone aside from Deuce and Vil fell to the ground.

"Vil," Deuce muttered, lifting his pen. "You once said that I was holding everyone back, and I now realize that you were correct. But...after what as happened..." Magic slowly started to form around him.

"What's going on?!" Vil shouted. "Where are you pulling all this magic from?!" 

"It's not mine..." Deuce muttered. "It's yours! 'BET THE LIMIT!'" A burst of magic erupted from the tip of Deuce's pen and spiraled towards Vil. The magic seemed too strong for even the dorm leader to bear. He collapsed. 

"You did it!" Epel exclaimed, jumping up happily.

Deuce panted. "I....I did!" 

"What do we do now?" Ace asked. "Wait for him to wake up?" 

Rook walked over to his fallen dorm leader. Unlike the other Overblots, Vil's body was slowly fading away. "No. Something is wrong. You!" He pointed at Ace, Deuce, and Grim. "When you faced the Overblots before, what changed them back into their original forms?!" 

"I-I don't know," Grim stuttered. "We would beat the crap outta them, then Lev would run up and do...something. I don't know what exactly, but she would usually end up hugging them."

Jamil stared at Lev's still-unconscious body. He remembered what she had done for him. Maybe...

He ran over to her body and took her to where Vil was beginning to fade away.

"Jamil?" Kalim shouted. "What are you doing?!" 

Jamil didn't answer him. Instead, he gently set Lev down right beside Vil and put one of her limp hands on his. The moment they touched, there was a blinding light, and Vil stopped fading.

They all stared in wonder. Whatever Lev did, it proved she was the savior of NRC, and would always be.

...

That is...

If she could remember...

Why she was there in the first place...

Cave potestas in tenebris;

Cave domina de tenebris.

May your heart be your guiding key, old friend...