Late-Night Texting

Episode 4: Chapter 13 (1/2)

=============

Lev opened her eyes to find herself in a dazzling royal palace. It was styled much like Scarabia, with bright reds and golden decorations.

Right next to where Lev was standing, a small old man sat on a cushioned throne. He wore heavy white robes and a large white hat. In front of him, a tall man with red and black robes held a glowing golden staff up to his face.

"B-but it has to be a prince," the old man said.

The tall man held up the staff. "You will order the princess to marry me!"

The old man's face turned drowsy. "The princess...will--" There was a loud noise outside. The man snapped out of whatever stupor he was in. "What's that noise?" He jumped off his throne and ran to a large balcony. 

Lev followed him and looked down into the street below. A large parade was taking place, led by a eccentric man shouting, "Make way for Prince Ali!" 

What...?

Lev heard a giggle behind her. "I smell someone getting jealous~." Lev spun around. The black-haired girl stood behind her, smirking at the furious-looking tall man. 

"You!" Lev exclaimed. The girl turned her smirk to her before sprinting away. "Hey! GET BACK HERE!" 

She began chasing her through the palace-like castle. 

"Too slow!" the girl teased. 

"Stop!" Lev shouted. "You have some explaining to do!" The girl quickly turned a corner. Lev followed her, but a black portal suddenly appeared and swallowed Lev up.

"Maybe some other time," the girl said, grinning at Lev as she fell into darkness. 

"See you soon~"

=~=~=~=~=

Lev felt something buzzing near her face. Opening her eyes and groaning tiredly, she grabbed her phone. She had placed it near it her head so that she could hear it if she got any replies from Ace, Deuce, or the Headmaster. She had sent them all emails that there was a problem in Scarabia and that she was going to update them if she needed help.

To her surprise, the texts that popped up were from an unfamiliar phone number.

???

???

Leviline.

Lev.

Child.

Human.

Herbivore.

Kitten.

Wake up.

---------

Kitten? Herbivore? ...Leona.

---------

???

Leviline

Leona?

???

Finally.

Leviline changed ??? to Leona