Midnight Trespassers

Episode 5: Chapter 33

============

The nights events weren't over, it seemed, as Vil strode back to his room to find his door ajar. Strange, he could've sworn he remembered closing it behind him. Maybe he didn't...?

Walking into his room cautiously, he immediately felt that something wasn't right.

"Hello?" 

The door shut and locked itself behind him.

"Hehehe~" 

Vil flinched. "Who's there?!" 

"Shhh." Shadows flickered on the wall and ground. "Let's not wake any of your friends, Vil Schoenheit." 

"Are you the blot girl? The one who's been causing so much trouble recently?" Vil asked, reaching for his magic pen. "What are you doing here?"

"Waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"The perfect moment~"

Vil felt his brow furrow. "You're not making any sense."

"To you, perhaps. But not to me."

"Do I look like I care?"

"Hehehe~ I suppose not."

"Then, explain," Vil ordered. "What are you doing here?" 

The shadows slowly began to morph into the form of a girl with amber eyes. "How about this? I'll give you a hint..." The shadow slowly moved toward him, black mist reaching for him with long fingers.

Vil swallowed, nervous. "What hint?" 

"Hehe~." The shadows suddenly vanished, but Vil could hear something whisper in his hear. "Only those who are touched by darkness can hear and see me." It giggled again. "Well, Vil Schoenheit? Are you falling into darkness?"

"What?" Vil gasped. Falling into darkness? What does that mean?

"If you aren't sure, maybe I can help," the voice whispered. "I'm great at helping people get what they want, it's just a matter of getting them to want it bad enough that they'll do anything for it." Vil could feel something grasping at his chest, his heart. "Well, Vil? What do you want so bad you'll do anything for? Maybe...defeating Neige LeBlanche?"

Vil flinched, the hold on his heart growing tighter. "How do you know...?"

"I know a lot of things. More that you would think possible. I can help you, Vil. I can wipe that insufferable little brat of the face of the earth if you wish. But, I need something in return..." The shadows formed into a girl again. Only this time, she was more solid, more human. "A powerful heart consumed by darkness."

"A what?!" The thing holding Vil's heart seemed to grow increasingly tighter. It was painful now. "No! Go away!"

The girl smirked. "You can't run forever, Vil Schoenheit. Sooner or later, you're gonna have to give in." Tighter. Tighter. "Give in!" 

Vil groaned in pain.

Suddenly, the window broke. Glass rained into the room. "Huh, I thought I heard the voice of a demon." 

The girl spun around. "What-?!" The hold on Vil's heart immediately ceased.

Jamil leapt through the window and grabbed the female by the arm. "You shouldn't be here, demon. Go back to the hole you crawled out of and stay there!" Thanks to his larger stature and more powerful body, Jamil easily threw the shadow-girl across the room and out the window he had used to enter.