Classes!!!

Episode 1: Chapter 5

========

With mere seconds to spare, the small group ran into the laboratory. The bell chimed. 

That was close, Lev thought with relief. Too close.

"Ah, so you're the new little pups the Headmaster sent to me," a voice cooed. Lev looked up to see a tall man in a puffy black and white coat. His stylish black and white hair matched his enormous coat. The air around him almost crackled with confidence. 

Deuce and Ace quickly dashed to their seats, leaving Lev and Grim at the mercy of their homeroom teacher. 

Even though she was still panting and sweating, Lev managed to pull a convincing smile onto her face.

"Yes, sir. My name is Leviline Route, and this is Grim. My apologies for almost being late, something came up that we felt pressed to help deal with it," she said, pushing a few strands of stray hairs from her eyes.

The professor shook his head. "Don't worry, dear, just make sure it doesn't happen again. Please take a seat." 

"Yes, sir," Lev grabbed Grim, who was nearly bursting from excitement, and quickly walked toward an empty seat near Deuce and Ace. She tried very hard not to focus on the many curious stares directed her way.

The professor walked up to the front of the classroom, where a large cauldron sat surrounded by desks, lab equipment, and a large variety of potions and strange objects.

"If any of you weren't attending yesterday--which I know many of you weren't-- My name is Divus Crewel," the professor stated loudly, "Feel free to call me Master Crewel. Now, for what you will learn, I will beat the names and appearances of 100 types of poison and medicine into your little brains. We'll cover fungi later..." the professor continued talking.

"Do you know what 'fungi' is?" Lev heard Deuce whispering to Ace.

"Do I look like I know?" Ace whisper-hissed back. "Ugh, I hate memorizing." Lev turned around and put a finger to her lips. The boys quieted down.

"Your training will be strict and I better not see any red marks on your tests," Crewel warned. "And in case you're thinking of skipping or sleeping through class--" He slammed his long black wand on the desk of a sleeping student. The student jerked awake, drool covering most of his face and desk. He handed the student a detention slip and smiled dangerously at everyone else. "I suggest you try and get your beauty sleep."

After a few more minutes of Crewel teaching, the bell rang, signaling the end of first period. Lev, Grim, Ace, and Deuce walked out of the classroom together and towards their next class.

"That wasn't so bad," Lev remarked. "I think it'll be interesting to learn about all those potions and herbs."

Grim shrugged. "The only thing about grass I care about is whether or not it tastes good."

"Ew," Ace grumbled. "You're disgusting."

Lev looked at Deuce. "Which class is next?"

Deuce pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. "History, it looks like." He put the piece of paper back into his pocket.

"Ugh!" Ace groaned, throwing his head back. "That's sounds so boring."

Lev grinned, clapping her hands together. "I'm actually excited! I want to learn as much as I can about this world, and this class sounds like it'll help with that!" 

Grim shared Lev's excitement. "Maybe we will learn about some crazy powerful spells too!" 

The two Heartslabyul students sighed at the odd duo and continued walking.