Escaping Two Worlds

Episode 4: Chapter 19~21

===========

After waiting for an hour to pass since the door to their room was locked, Grim continued digging his little hole to try and escape. Even though Lev knew very well that she could pick the lock and just open the door, she had to admit that it was nice to see Grim actually working really hard on something. Besides, he was so far along already, she didn't want to dampen his fire.

"Okay! I'm done!" Grim shouted, wiggling through his little burrow. "C'mon!" 

Lev examined the hole. She probably couldn't fit even if she wanted to. Grabbing her old hairpins, she began picking the lock.

"Hey! What's taking so long?" Grim whisper-shouted.

"Just a moment," Lev hissed back. The lock clicked and the door opened. 

Grim's expression was priceless. "You could do that this whole time?" 

Lev shrugged. "I told you hanging around those Savanaclaw guys was a good thing, now c'mon! We need to hurry!"

The Ramshackle duo carefully passed through the large hallways, looking for the exit that would lead them out.

"HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" 

Lev and Grim flinched as a group of Scarabia student suddenly appeared and began to chase them. 

"Get back here! You're not allow to leave!" a second one shouted. 

"Run!" Grim squeaked, jumping onto Lev's shoulder. 

Lev sprinted through the hallways, searching for some place to hide.

"Stop!" the students behind them kept shouting.

"In there!" Grim exclaimed, pointing to a slightly open door. 

Lev raced inside, quickly closing the door and locking it.

"Hey! Come out!" one of the students shouted. 

"Where did you go?!" another yelled.

"Hurry, let's split up and find them!" 

Lev stayed silent as the sounds of the student's footsteps faded into the distance.

"Are they gone?" Grim whispered.

"I think so," Lev muttered. She tried to look at their surroundings, but it was pitch black. "Where are we?" 

Grim giggled. "Something soft is poking me..." He laughed. "Stop! That tickles!" 

Eh? 

Lev pulled out her smartphone and turned the light on. With the new source of light, they could see that they were in Kalim's treasure room. The thing poking Grim was the Magic Carpet.

Grim gasped. "Kalim's Magic Carpet...hey! Let's use this to get out of here!" 

Lev nodded. She carefully reached out to touch the flying object. "Hey...can you help us get out of here?" 

The carpet bobbed in a way that Lev guessed was some sort of nod. It flattened and lowered itself to ground level. 

"Great! Let's get on!" Grim said. 

Lev carefully stepped onto the carpet and sat down cross-legged. Grim sat down in her lap. 

"Okay!" Lev said, grabbing the ends of the carpet like she had seen Kalim done. "Let's go!" The carpet sped off, flying out of the room and into the sky. 

"Yahooo!" Grim shouted. "We did it! Our prison break was a success!" 

Lev frowned. Okay...how did Kalim steer this?