🟠Savanaclaw Finale🟠

Episode 2: Chapter 30~Finale

===========

Lev was quite surprised when she suddenly woke up in a hospital bed with a blistering headache. Some other students rested in the other beds as well, more then Lev had ever seen before. Some were sleeping while others were quietly chatting or reading. Ruggie and Leona were also there, with Leona laying in the bed right beside hers and Ruggie being across from them.

Oh look. I was right. And in the hospital wing! My old friend.

"AHH! You're awake!" Grim squealed, jumping up and clinging onto her neck. "I'm soooo sorrryyy!" 

Eh?

"What...happened?" Lev asked rubbing her head and finding a bandage.

Ace stood by the side of her bed along with Deuce and Jack. "You passed out in the second half of our match after Grim nailed you in the head with the disc. Remember?"

Sort of. She remembered joining teams with Ace, Deuce, and the dorm ghosts so they could have a Magical Shift match at the beginning of the tournament. She remembered playing for a little bit, then it was all blank.

"How did that happen?" she asked, glaring at Grim.

Grim flinched. "I-I was trying to score a super long shot. My aim was just a bit off."

"A bit?" Lev pinched is ear. "This is the second time I'm in the infirmary because of you. Get your act together or I'm gonna have Crowley to kick you out."

"Owowow! I said I'm sorry!" Grim cried. 

Deuce chuckled. "We're just glad you're awake. This is the longest you've been asleep, so we were starting to really worry."

"Yeah, you've been asleep for so long that the closing ceremony is long over and they've already started dismantling the venue," Ace told her.

"Oh? Which dorm won?" Lev asked, twisting her bed sheets in her hands.

Leona growled. "Who do you think? Diasomnia won by a landslide."

Ruggie groaned. "In the end, we didn't stand a chance. Plus, the other dorms were all a mess so this year's tournament was awful."

"Don't worry, I'm definitely going to beat Diasomnia next year," Jack vowed. "And no underhanded tactics, just my own strength." 

"Y'know, 'underhanded tactics' require one's own strength," Leona pointed out.

Lev puffed her cheeks out in annoyance. "You have no shame, do you?" 

The lion-man smirked at her. "Why should I? I gave my all to win this year, and I'll give it my all again next year."

"Shishishi!" Ruggie laughed. "There's the Leona we all know."

"AAH! Uncle! I found you!" a small voice chirped. A small child--probably around five or six--dashed trough the infirmary towards them. He had tiny lion ears, bright orange-red hair, and large amber-brown eyes. Leona flinched at the boy's appearance.

"Who's this kid?" Grim asked, studying the child.

"Uncle Leona~!" the boy exclaimed.

"Ugh, another annoyance," Leona growled.

"Did he say...Uncle Leona?" Jack gasped, ears flattening in surprise.

Leona sighed. "This furball is my brother's son, Cheka. He's...my nephew."

"N-nephew?!" the whole group gasped.

So, he's the one who's next in line for the throne...Lev thought, recalling the memory of Leona and his brother she'd seen.