And So It Begins

Episode 5: Chapter 22~23

============

That evening, Lev and the ghosts were putting some final touches on the dorm to make sure it was all ready for the training camp.

Grim, now in a bad mood, refused to help and instead opted to plant himself face-first in a dark blue cushion Lev got for him and sulk.

After a while of this Lev heard a knock at the door.

"George, can you finish getting the beds made?" Lev asked one of the ghosts.

"Of course!" George replied.

Lev hurried downstairs. "Grim! Get up! They're here!"

The small monster grumbled something that Lev didn't understand. She hurried to the front door and opened it. Waiting on the other side were the VDC participants.

"Welcome!" she greeted with a large smile. "Please, come in."

The students thanked her as they entered.

"Hmm, it's nicer in here than I thought," Vil muttered under his breath.

"Woah! The ceiling is so low!" Kalim laughed. "If I flew through here on my carpet, I'd hit my head!"

Jamil groaned and glared tiredly at the grinning dorm leader. "First of all, stop flying around indoors. Secondly," he turned to Lev. "Dorm Head, is it okay if you put me in a room right next to Kalim? Since you don't go through the Mirror Chamber to get here it has a lot less security."

"Chill out, Jamil!" Kalim chirped. "I haven't been attacked by an assassin since starting school!"

"Yeah....but," Jamil started.

"Don't worry, Jamil," Lev said. "I can put you two close together. If you're that worried, I can also ask the ghosts to keep an extra eye out for anything suspicious."

"That'd be great," Jamil said. He paused. "Wait. Ghosts?"

"Greetings, guests!" the Ramshackle ghosts exclaimed, suddenly appearing. 

"Hey, guys," Ace and Deuce greeted. Since they came over often, they were pretty familiar with the dorm ghosts. However, the others got quite a scare.

"W-wha-!" Epel squeaked. "Ghosts?!" 

"Oooh! Are you all like the ghosts in the cafeteria?" Rook asked, recovering almost instantly.

"Sort of," George said.

"We've got a better sense of humor!" Alfred laughed.

"But, Lev told us no pranks this month," Oscar groaned. "So, you all are off the hook, this time!" 

Vil frowned. "What?"

"I asked the ghosts to help around this next month with cooking and cleaning. So, if you need any directions or need to contact me quickly, just call out for the ghosts, and they'll help you the best they can. Right, ghosts?"

"Yep!" the ghosts replied.

Lev smiled proudly. "Thank you all so much. Now, if you all will follow me upstairs, you can chose your rooms so the ghosts and bring up the rest of your stuff."

"Yes, ma'am!" 

====Time Skip====

Later that day, Lev was making her way to Mr. S's Mystery Shop. Vil had called for a meeting between the performers about the rules for the training camp, but Lev had some extra chores to get done. One of which was going grocery shopping.