Into the Fray

Lev awoke with a gasp and shot up into a seating position.

"LELIE!" she screamed. "HOW DARE YOU-"

"Geez louis, are any of you quiet?"

Lev froze. That voice...

She spun around. Sure enough, she was back in the dream world. Or, whatever world currently housed the Lord of the Underworld.

Speaking of the God, he was currently standing over her with a very displeased expression.

"You...can see me?" Lev squeaked.

"No, I was talking to the rock right there. Yes I can see you! Now can you please get off my table?"

Lev looked below her. She had landed on top of a large table that was covered in a dark map and several small statues.

She quickly scooted off. "Oh! I'm so sorry, uh, sir."

Hades crossed his arms and began walking away. "Great. Now, can you please go find your little friends and get outta my hair? I'm kinda busy right now and I don't have time to deal with you guys at the moment."

"Sorry but I don't think that's really how this thing works," Lev said quietly. How could she explain that she couldn't really control when she went into and out of the Dream World?

Hades paused and turned around. He looked at her with a expression mixed with annoyance and confusion.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Aren't the other key-brats with you?"

Lev's brow wrinkled. "Who?"

"The key-brats. Y'know, the dark-haired excited one always dragging you and young Mr. Grey-hair around?" He paused, noting Lev's confused expression. "Do...you not remember?" She shook her head slowly. "Great. Just fantastic."  He pinched the bridge of his nose and began mumbling something Lev couldn't hear.

The Ramshackle Prefect looked around. The walls of the chamber were made of a dark blue-black stone. Actually, everything was made of stone. The walls, ground, table, and even the large throne that sat in one corner was made of stone. The air was neither hot nor cold, but was certainly very dank and heavy.

She looked back at the Lord of the Underworld. "So...can I leave now?" He seemed to have forgotten about her.

"Yes. Please. Leave."

As soon as he said it, she made a beeline for the exit. Behind her, she heard Hades muttering something about a favor being completed. She ran out of the room, tripping on something almost instantly.

She flung her arms put to steady herself before she nearly face-planted. Sighing in annoyance, she looked down and behind her to see the culprit. Something shiny glittered on the ground. She picked it up.

It was a small silver box with a strange golden-black symbol on the top. 

"Hold up..." she whispered to herself. She reached into her top an pulled out her locket. It was the same. Silver and gold. Even the designs looked similar in style. She quickly pocketed it and ran down a hallway. She decided to examine it later. 

She ran until she reached a fork in the road. Slowing down, she chose the right path and kept walking. The air started to heat up as she continued.