It's A Deal

Episode 3: Chapter 10~12

==========

Lev stood inside the dorm mirror chamber, waiting for Jack. She played with her long skirt and long sleeves. She tried to dress fairly nice, but not over the top. Luckily, Mr. S' box of clothes had just the thing. So now she wore a light blue dress that went from what was almost white at the collar to a deep blue at the edge of the long skirt that swirled around her knees. The sleeves were loose and fell to just above her elbow. A chain of small pearls was hung around her neck and rested just above her special silver-gold necklace. She also wore a silky pair of white gloves. She hadn't planned on doing her hair any fancier than brushing it back, but while she was waiting for Jack she was ambushed by Vil and some of his students and they insisted on braiding it so that the front part was positioned like a crown atop her head while being held by silver pins. The rest hung down in soft curls. 

A few minutes after Vil and his posse were satisfied and left, Jack appeared from the Savanaclaw mirror. After complementing her on her dress, they headed into Octavinelle Dorm and towards Mostro Lounge. 

"Remember, we're going to be heading even deeper into enemy territory today," the wolf-boy reminded her. "We need to be extra careful." 

"Sure thing," Lev agreed as they walked through the expensive doors and into the lounge. 

"Aahh~! Little Shrimp!" Floyd walked up to them in his dorm uniform and a big grin. "You came! Oh, and Urchin, too!" 

"I told you, I'm not an urchin!" Jack growled, ears twitching in annoyance. 

Jade also approached them. "Hello, welcome to Mostro Lounge! Thank you for coming so soon."

"Thank you for inviting me," Lev said politely. 

"This is your first time visiting us?" Jade asked.

Jack glared at him. "You really like asking questions that you already know the answer to." 

Jade just laughed. "I suppose. Please let me explain some little rules. This lounge is a popular meeting place for all the students here at NRC. Anyone from any dorm is allowed. However, any disputes between dorms are strictly forbidden. Here you follow the rules of Octavinelle, no matter what dorm you come from. Understood?" Lev and Jack nodded. "Fantastic, now, please follow me." He lead them to an empty booth and gestured for them to sit, which they reluctantly did. "Azul is currently with another costumer, but he'll be with you in a moment. Until then, please relax and order something." 

Jade walked away, leaving Jack and Lev alone. 

"I guess we should order something," Lev suggested. 

"Yeah," Jack agreed. A student who had an anemone on their head took their order and soon brought out their drinks. Both had asked for simple milkshakes. 

While they waited, Lev studied the other students in the lounge. Some students sat at booths like them, happily chatting or doing homework. Others walked around, taking orders and bringing out food. Some of the waiters were Octavinelle students, while most others were contract-bound anemones. Lev even caught Deuce and Ace occasionally walking in or out of the kitchen. 

Jade and Floyd wandered around, talking to students or punishing lazy workers. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Azul appeared from a back room and walked up to them.

"I'm terribly sorry for the wait," he apologized. "Please follow me to the VIP Room. Jade, Floyd, please get our guests some tea." The twins agreed and walked away. 

Jack shot Lev one last worried look before they stood up and followed Azul. He led them down a hallway towards a private room. Inside, there was a large black desk surrounded by bookshelves. An intricate safe was placed in the wall behind the desk and two couches sat in front of it.