Undersea Breakdown

Episode 3: Chapter 32~34

==========

Back at the bottom of the ocean, there was a sudden flash of light. When the light faded, Lev realized that the anemones atop Ace, Deuce, and Grim's heads had vanished.

Yes! Leona and Ruggie did it!

"Hooray!" Grim cheered. "I'm free! Lev's plan worked!" 

Jade and Floyd froze. "Wait...what?" Jade gasped.

Floyd frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"Lev made a deal with Leona to get him and Ruggie to help us," Grim boasted.

"What?" Floyd whined. "That guy is always lazing about and sleeping, he'd never help you. How did you get him to do it?"

Lev couldn't help but smirk. "Azul isn't the only one who knows how to play with people's weakness."

"Ah~," Floyd sighed. "I guess Shrimpy isn't as weak as we first thought."

"Excuse me?" Lev spat.

Jade frowned. "Floyd, we should head back. The anemones disappeared can only mean that something's happened to Azul."

Floyd nodded. "Let's go." The eel twins sped away.

"Cowards!" Deuce shouted. "Come back and fight us!"

Lev got a bad feeling. "Guys, I think we need to go."

"Huh?" Jack looked at her worriedly. "Is something wrong?"

"I don't know," Lev muttered. "I just think we should leave." 

Confused, everyone else agreed, and they to quickly swam back to the school.

====Time Skip====

Once the group, including Floyd and Jade, made it back to Octavinelle, they were met with a horrifying sight. 

The dorm had been completely transformed, with a bad aura turning the plants, buildings, and water around them a dark purple. Many students around them were collapsed on the ground, groaning in pain. Azul was laughing hysterically and stealing abilities faster than Lev could process.

Is this...?

"What's going on?!" Floyd gasped.

"Is Azul...on a rampage?!" Deuce stared wide-eyed at the insane dorm leader.

"He's absorbing abilities from students left and right," Jack said, his ears twitching.

Lev marched up to Leona. "What exactly happened here?"

"If you're trying to put the blame on me, don't," Leona growled. "You're the one who told me to turn his contracts to sand."

"Aah, there you two are, Jade, Floyd," Azul crooned, striding up to the group, an insane grin stretched across his face. "Please...give me your powers! I need them to make them pay for what they've done!" 

Jade's expression didn't change, save for a worried look in his eyes. "Azul, you need to stop. You know that you can't control your unique magic properly without a contract in place. What you're doing is too dangerous."

Azul's face fell. "But...it's all gone. Everything that I've worked for...is gone! I don't want to go back to the way I was before, don't you see?!" 

"Y'know, you're way lamer right now than you ever were before," Floyd said, narrowing his eyes at his dorm leader.

"Oh? Is that so?" Azul began laughing hysterically. "Well, I'll so you! I'll never be that dumb, sad little octopus ever again!" Blot began to form all around him.