Breaking The Chains That Bind

Episode 1: Chapter 24~25

==========

When the mist cleared, the students and headmaster was met with a terrifying sight. It was Riddle, but different.  

Riddle's dorm leader clothes had transformed into a dress-like tattered outfit. It looked like it could've been a beautiful red and black, but had become tattered and torn. Black lines crossed to make an intricate design over his right eye, which was glowing with red energy. His skin was even paler than before and his eyes turned into an very dark grey. The air around him seemed to cackle with dark energy. 

"N-no..." Lev gasped. 

Is this what that girl meant by 'consumed by darkness'?  

The thing in Riddle's form laughed, a dozen dark voices merging with his. 

"Those foolish enough to disobey me...I have no need of them in my world," the dark being crooned. His expression turned furious. "I am the law of my world. I am the rules! No other response then: 'Yes, Lord Riddle' is acceptable! It's off with the heads of any who disobey me!!!" 

"What's going on?" Grim shouted to the headmaster. 

Crowley shook his head in disbelief and horror. "How could this be? A student has gone into Overblot right in front of me!"

Overblot? Is that what this's called?

"What's Overblot?" Lev asked, slowly moving closer to Ace.

"It's a state that wizards must avoid at all costs," Crowley told her. "Riddle had been caught up in a storm of negative energy. It's made him lose control of his emotions and magic."

"Long story short," Cater said quickly, "he's fallen into a berserk dark mode."

"His life will be in danger if he keeps using magic like this," Trey growled, unable to tear his gaze away from the raging Riddle. 

Lev took a couple deep breaths to calm down. "Alright, let's evacuate the other students. I don't want to have them adding onto the severity of this situation."

The headmaster nodded. "I agree. I shall get them far away from here. But...Mr. Rosehearts must be brought back to his senses before he runs out of magic. He could lose his life if we do nothing. Now, I need you all to--" 

"EAT THIS!" Ace shouted, pointing his magic pen at Riddle. A large gust of wind hurtled towards the dorm leader, hitting him head-on. Deuce and Grim also attacked Riddle, stunning him.

"What are you fools doing?" Riddle demanded.

"Snapping you back to your senses," Ace shouted. 

"Great idea, I'll help the best I can!" Trey yelled. "Headmaster, please work on evacuating the other students. We'll handle things here."

"Are you kidding?" Cater gasped. "Trey, you know you all can't beat Riddle!" 

"Yeah...but we have to at least try!" Trey told him. "We can't lost him, not yet!" 

Cater sighed in defeat. "Fine...Just try not to get us killed okay?"

Crowley looked at them with pride in his eyes. "Okay, I'm trusting you'll all keep your safety above all else. I'll return as soon as I finish evacuating the other students. Hold on tight!" He ran off to gather the remaining Heartslabyul students.

"You all have some nerve," Riddle hissed. "I'll take all your heads!" 

"We have to stop him..." Trey muttered to himself.