Chapter 76 ~ Late Night Killer for Hire

Hello everyone! Hope you like the chapter! Thank you all for everything!! Feel free to come say hi!   https://discord.gg/3K4s92ZZJM

       Yamada had ushered the two boys off to bed later than he should have. It was beginning to look like he was running a house for insomniacs.

Izuku had protested about 'bothering' Gaara by sleeping in his room, but Gaara didn't have any of it. Gaara picked him up with his sand and carried him the rest of the way to his room.

Izuku sat nervously on the futon that Yamada had brought up as Gaara stared at him expectantly.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Gaara asked, tilting his head.

"Uh, I don't know if I can sleep with um... you staring at me?" Izuku explained, nervously.

Shukaku laughed as Gaara blinked.

"Oh. Sorry," Gaara said, picking up Floof, "Have a cat. They are very warm." Izuku carefully took the tiny cat that Gaara offered.

"Thank you," Izuku blushed and Gaara nodded, before turning away from Izuku and laying on his back. "Are you going to sleep?" Gaara blinked and immediately relaxed.

"Gaara?" Izuku stood up and moved over to Gaara, panicked, "Gaara? Are you ok?" The boy still didn't respond, "You know what just hold on I am going to go get Aizawa or Y-yama-" Gaara suddenly sat up.

"Yo, green bush." Gaara greeted.

"Um..." Izuku's face contorted into confusion before coming to realization, "Oh! Hello Shukaku!"

"You asked if Gaara would sleep, and I thought it would be really awkward if he just watched your sleeping body all night. So. I kind of pulled some strings and now he is sleeping! But don't worry, I will soon vacate the premises so his body can sleep as well. Just thought I would make sure you didn't panic." Not-Gaara looked at him pointedly, "You seem to excel at that."

Izuku looked away blushing and Not-Gaara crossed his legs.

"Oh. One more thing before I leave and you two get your beauty rest. If you want to subtly put in a request to kill anyone COUGH COUGH, perhaps a parental donner and a pro hero that is high on the rankings, I got you. Gaara and I know a guy, and with enough convincing I am sure he would get rid of that pesky parental problem. He did it for Gaara, so maybe it is his thing ... but I would have to take care of the other on my own. Did some research and he seems to have an awfully strange crush on a certain number one. So, just let me know and I can make myself available!" Shukaku shot Izuku finger guns, which was really weird and uncomfortable to see the usually non-expressive boy do. Not-Gaara plopped back down on the bed and his body went still once again.

Izuku sat there staring at Gaara for a while before sighing and pulling the blanket Aizawa had given him over his shoulders and going to sleep.

~~~

Gaara woke up.

Billions of people started their day like this, but it was extremely bizarre for him, and had only happened a couple of times.

It was kind of a nice feeling. He felt strangely energetic for once, maybe he should sleep more often.

"I bet you wouldn't have slept if I hadn't forced you and you would have been labeled as a creep, just like that weirdo that stalks you." Shukaku smirked, and just like that Gaara's morning was ruined.

"I am not creepy," Gaara scowled, "But thank you, I guess." Shukaku gave him a thumbs up that turned into a smiley face like the ones in the history textbook that people used to make out of potatoes.