Chapter 16 ~ My Brother Looks Like A Cat

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading! We love every comment we get and appreciate anyone who is actually reading this mess 😅 We are having a lot of fun writing it and we hope you can enjoy it as much as we do. Just a reminder: there are differences from the show.

Also, Temari's face in this picture is priceless 😂

     The circle of friends stood up and Gaara quickly followed  "Have fun in class Gaara," Temari said with a smile. Gaara nodded, they walked away all saying it was nice to meet him.  

    Gaara had a slight problem.  For the second time today, he had no idea where he was supposed to be going.  He sighed, searching the crowd for someone in his class so he could follow them.  He first tried to find the small bush, but realized the boy was too short to spot from where he was.  So, he made a small eye out of sand, compressing it and having it indiscreetly float up near the ceiling.  Then he put his hand over one of his eyes, as he looked through the eye made of sand.  He still could not find Midoryia, but he did spot another familiar face, or his hair anyway.  It was the boy from the library with the strange colored eyes and hair. Gaara started to walk in the boy's direction, careful not to lose him and subsequently, his GPS.

    Gaara successfully followed the boy out of the lunchroom and through the halls, but as the boy opened a door he realized that he was not headed back to the classroom.  The multicolored boy had led Gaara to the bathroom.  Exasperated, Gaara turned on his heel and waited out of sight for the boy to come out, since he did not recognize anyone else around the bathroom.  

    Meanwhile in the 1-A classroom.... Midoriya was sitting in his seat talking to Uraraka when he suddenly felt guilty for an unknown reason.  He couldn't shake off the feeling that he forgot something that he was going to do.

    Only a minute had passed while Gaara was waiting for his unknowing guide when the subject casually walked out.  Gaara didn't notice at first because he was wrapped up in a 'conversation' with Shukaku.

    "Wow, you really have been observant lately," Shukaku remarked, "told you being around people was a bad idea."

    "It's a big building and I don't have it memorized just yet, it has nothing to do with people." Gaara said back annoyed

    "You're distracted by the others, you are growing weaker and your skills are slipping." Shukaku said.

   "Hey." Gaara snapped out of his trance and saw the boy he was waiting for standing in front of him.

    "See what I mean, you're..." Shukaku started trying to prove his point but he was interrupted.

    "Your name is Kazekage, right?" the boy asked.

    "Gaara.  My name is Gaara." he replied with irritation.  This now was the third person that had referred to him by that name.  

    "Ok then, Gaara, what are you doing just standing here?  Are you lost or something?" the oblivious boy inquired.

     Shukaku could be heard scoffing in Gaara's head.  "Lost all right, lost in..."

    "I was following you." Gaara interrupted bluntly, "I needed to get to class."

    The boy blinked.  "I guess I can understand, but why didn't you ask for directions, it would have been faster," he looked up at the clock, "Well, we better get to class now, before we are late."

    The pair headed to their classroom, just sitting in their seats as the over-sized classroom door burst open.

    "I am here, coming through the door like a hero!" said the overly buff man as he dramatically walked into the room.

    'Great... him again.' Gaara thought sarcastically.

   "Welcome to the most important class at UA High!  Think of it as heroing 101. Here you will learn the basics of being a pro and what it means to fight in the name of good," All Might explained before pulling out a card with the word 'BATTLE' on it.  "Let's get into it! Today's lesson we'll pull no punches!" All Might announced.

    "Fight training," The yellow haired one with anger issues eagerly stated.

    "Real combat?" the green bush questioned, quite worried.

    "But one of the keys of being a real hero is... looking good!"  All Might said, pointing towards scores which were coming out of the wall.  "These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms, and the requests you sent in before school started!" he added.  Everyone cheered for their hero costumes, but Gaara sat there, knowing he would not have one, not that he cared. "Get yourselves suited up and then meet me at training ground beta!"  Everyone headed off to the restrooms to change, but All Might looked at the small red haired boy. "Ah, young Kazekage, how are you doing?" All Might asked, walking with the small boy.

    "Fine," Gaara replied plainly.

    "We don't have a costume for you yet, but if you get an idea we can have it sent in.  For now you'll have to wear your gym uniform," All Might informed.  Gaara gave a small nod, having no clue what he wanted for a hero costume.

    "Would I still be able to wear my gourd?" Gaara suddenly asked.  All Might gave the boy a strange look, slightly confused as to why he would want a gourd but gave a nod.

    "Sure, just make sure to add it to your hero costume when you make one, but I'll allow you to wear it for the activity," All Might concluded.  Gaara nodded slightly. Then, sand began swirling around Gaara's back, and seemed to have come from the directions of the lockers, as a large sandy gourd manifested on Gaara's back.  All Might was very surprised by this happening.

    "Okay then, let's head out to the training ground." All Might said in confusion.  He had a feeling that this would be a common theme.