Chapter 65 ~ Awkwardness; With a Capital 'A'

It is us! Here again with another update that confuses people into wondering if it is angst or fluff! XD I have been staring at this for a while and I have nothing else to say. Masururururururururuurururuururururu uhh well, if you want to yell at us on discord we can send you a link. Bye! Enjoy!

     Midoriya fought tooth and nail to be able to help with the dishes.

Eventually, Yamada reluctantly agreed, not being able to say no when the boy stared at him so purely and determinedly.

"You're a guest, you really shouldn't be doing the dishes, you know." Yamada complained from where he had been forced unto drying duty.

"That's exactly why I should help! Besides, I do all of the dishes at home, so it is just weird for me not to." Midoriya explained, handing Yamada a long steak knife.

"Your parents don't help you?" Yamada inquired, and Midoriya paused.

"My dad has been out of the picture for a long while, and my mom works really hard. I just like to help out where I can." Midoriya explained, and Gaara narrowed his eyes. Something in Midoriya's tone sounded off to him.

Not wanting to be rude, both Shinso and him were sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for the two to finish.

"That's so thoughtful of you!" Yamada smiled, and Midoriya gave a tight smile back, causing Gaara to narrow his eyes further.

"I also think something is off about Midoriya... maybe he is secretly a serial killer? He has the brains for it, that's for sure." Shukaku suggested.

Gaara rolled his eyes. Sure, Midoriya could be the greatest serial killer ever, however his aura says otherwise. He decided to humor Shukaku.

"Midoriya?" Gaara asked.

"Hmm?"

"Shukaku wants to know if you are secretly a serial killer." Midoriya dropped the knife he was currently washing back into the dish water and started stuttering, unable to answer.

"PROOF! HE'S BEEN CAUGHT AND HAS NO ALIBI!!" Shukaku shouted and Gaara laughed, Yamada's eyes almost bugging out of his head at the sound.

"Unless you know how to camouflage your aura, I do not believe you are a serial killer. However, you seem extremely intelligent so I cannot immediately eliminate the idea." Gaara informed him.

"I-I'm n-not really s-smart... a-and I-I am definitely not a serial killer!" Midoriya exclaimed.

Yamada ruffled Midoriya's hair.

"Don't worry little listener, I don't think you are a criminal!" Yamada reassured him. Midoriya visibly relaxed and they quickly finished up the dishes.

"What do we do now?" Gaara inquired. Yamada clapped his hands together.

"You guys totally need to play like a board game or something! That's like the staple of hanging out!"

"It is?" Gaara cocked his head to the side and Midoryia pursed his lips.

"I mean, I would totally be ok with doing that, Shinso? Is that ok with you?"

"Sure. But I don't know how to play anything like that." Shinso shrugged and Gaara nodded in agreement.

"I don't really either..." Midoriya admitted, and Yamada perked up.

"Well we have lots of games, both card and board, and all of them have directions! So you all can learn the games together!"

"Sure." Shinso agreed and followed an excited Yamada to a room with cabinets and all sorts of shelves.