Chapter 18 ~ Or I'll Squash You Flat

We took a few liberties with the plot, cause fanfiction. 

The pairs were all assigned to be villains and heroes.  Gaara and Momo were villains. All Might put the villain's letters in one box and the hero's in another and drew one letter from each box to determine who would be fighting whom.  

    Gaara only listened for his and Momo's letter to be called and ignored everything else.  

    "The villains will be C and the heros are G," All Might declared, already reaching for new letters.  Gaara did not know who was on team G so he looked at Momo to try and see who she was looking at. Momo's gaze was locked on a weird yellow haired kid and a girl with navy blue hair and cords coming from her ears.  Gaara studied the pair as All Might continued with the directions and the first group was sent off while everyone else headed to an observation room.

    The first group was the small bush and his bubbly friend as heros against the angry yellow pomeranian and the overbearing engine boy.

     The villains were sent in ahead if time and it didn't look like they were getting along.  Gaara was vaguely interested in Midoriya. The strange but powerful aura around the boy hasn't gone away, despite the boy not showing any powerful qualities.  So, Gaara did his best to watch the battle. Despite the promise of something interesting, he found most of it boring. While the short girl and turbo boy were off doing their own things, the bush and pomeranian played a game of cat and mouse for too long.

    "Why are you watching this?  It's so boring..." Shukaku whined as Gaara stared at the display.  Gaara wanted to just ignore the raccoon, however he had to admit he expected more.  While the blonde haired explosive boy was at the top of the class(for now, *cough cough*), he seemed quite impulsive, and short-fused.  The freckled green haired bush also showed some promise, however he was just running, and from what Gaara could tell, his Quirk physically hurt him.

    Just as Gaara was about to write off the battle completely, Midoriya is cornered and is forced to come face to face with his enemy.

    Midoriya and Bakugou both move to punch each other.  Several of the students cry out and call for the battle to stop.  Gaara notices that the All Might seems to be having an internal battle.  

    Just as All Might was going to tell them to stop, the force of Midoriya's sudden upward punch destroys many floors above them.  Uraraka uses the debris to secure the weapon.

    As he was watching, Gaara realized that some of what just occurred had to be planned, and Midoriya may not have been cornered after all.  He also has some pretty impressive amounts of power, however the boy is now out cold. Gaara shakes his head as the boy is taken away.

    The remaining teammates come to the observation room.  All Might starts to ask questions about the battle and Gaara just tunes them all out.  

    The next group is a bird-like person and a frog-like person against a red rock guy and a weird black haired boy.  As they fought, Gaara noticed that the bird boy's quirk was similar to Shukaku in a way. Their battle ended quickly with the bird and frog team as the victors.

    Shukaku seemed intrigued although irked by the quirk of the bird boy.  Shukaku would never admit it, but he was somewhat jealous. Gaara did whatever he could to keep Shukaku confined within him while the bird boy's shadow appeared to have much more freedom than him.

    The battles went on but Gaara did not see anyone worth being weary of.  As he was thinking, the heros for the next group just entered the building.  It was the bathroom boy, Todoroki. Gaara feigned disinterest as he prepared for another drawn out battle.  Instead, the battle was over almost as quickly as it started, as the whole building suddenly froze.

    Gaara's tired eyes widened with interest as the boy made his way back to the room.  Gaara was enlivened that there was someone who possessed such strength in his class.

    "Maybe now this won't be so boring," Gaara thought to himself.

     "Nah, seems pretty weak.  We could take him," A desperate-for-attention Shukaku said, wanting some action.  

    "Okay!! C and G, you're up! Get into position villains and then we will start." All Might announced.  Gaara and Momo went into the building, heading up to the floor where their "bomb" would be.

    "We should try and move this to a more compact location, since the quirks of the two we are fighting seem to be close range only..." Momo trailed off as Gaara stared dismissively at her sand beginning to swirl around him.

   "Just stay here." Gaara said.  The amount of sand coming from the surrounding area and the gourd on the boy's back seemed impossible.  The hero team was released and Gaara's cold teal eyes watched in expectation. "Try not to be caught up in the sand."