Chapter 70 ~ The Three C's: Confrontation, Confusion, and Concern

Hello everyone. So this week has been really bad for me. My family has a lot of issues and stuff happened on Saturday, conveniently placed on a day that would start off my week with emotional overloads. So, this update is a little shorter and we apologize for that. Oversharing a bit but wanted to let ya know what is going on. (besides my therapist said it was good to share stuff like this XDDDDDDD so uh sorry y'all.) I also got put on new meds that seem to make me really sleepy, so we couldn't get as much done when either of us had homework. (I think? This was just me... essays mostly.) Before this goes too deep XD, thank you all for everything! If you feel like it, join our discord. We would love to talk to y'all! Also if we don't update on next Friday, it is because RotP reader(s) decided to murder us because of the chapter we are about to publish on Monday...... soooooo uh. Enjoy!

Gaara was greeted when he walked up to the classroom doorway by Midoriya and Shinso standing with determined expressions blocking the door.

Gaara frowned looking at the pair in confusion, had he done something wrong?

"I mean- you disappeared yesterday after texting them there was a fire and a child died so I meannnnnnn" Shukaku suggested.

"Hi?" Gaara finally said after the three friends had been standing in the hallway for an uncomfortable period of time.

"Come in, sit down." Shinso said sternly, waving Gaara into the classroom, stepping aside. Gaara shrugged and went to his seat, Midoriya and Shinso following after him.

"Let me tell you what is up." Shinso declared.

"Is he talking about some secret thing that is above us? Like a treasure or threat?" Shukaku just laughed in response, shaking his head.

"You are going to sit here and answer all of our questions, right Midoriya?" Midoriya startled at being called out.

"Y-yes." Midoriya stutterd.

"Now. You are going to tell us what happened yesterday and the night before, since you didn't bother to answer our texts. So-" Gaara blinked.

"Oh."

"Kankuro set part of the house on fire because he was messing with a new puppet or whatever. He also killed his cactus that he loves. Yesterday was weird. Two people that kind of acted like Aizawa and Yamada showed up and asked a lot of questions and looked at the house. Then they said we passed. The cats seemed to be acting strangely last night, but they all still wanted me to pay attention to them so Shukaku told me not to worry about it." Gaara explained.

Gaara felt a pain flash through him when he realized he had upset his new friends by not telling them what was going on. He would be more sharing in the future if they still allowed him to be their friend.

Midoriya and Shinso sagged in relief.

"We were worried that something bad had happened since you didn't respond." Shinso said and Midoriya nodded.

"Yeah! I am so happy the house and the environment passed the test! You guys seem like a really great family! Also, if I am still invited to the party... could I uh... have information? And if you need anything from me... could you let me know soon? I understand if you don't want me there, I totally get it." The green boy rushed out.

Gaara sighed and picked up Midoriya with his sand.

"Just show up. Don't bring anything. I apologize that I don't know the date yet, but I will let you know. I don't want to be there. However, if I have to be there, you should be there too. I don't want to be stuck with the Auntie that long alone. At least with you there, she will not pay as much attention to me. Besides, aren't friends supposed to go to each other's parties?" Gaara inquired of Midoriya, who had at first tried to escape the sand, but deemed it hopeless and was now listening while dangling loosely.