Chapter 19 ~ Did You Ever See A Gaara

Hello. We just discovered that are ittalics  do not copy over from Google Docs..... so um..... just so you know, every time Shukaku speaks it was supposed to be italicized. Also thoughts.... so yeah... we are working on fixing it... oops....

Anyways... enjoy!

The heroes were creeping through the hallways, when Jiro came to a sudden halt. Kaminari nearly ran into her, and watched confuzzled as she crouched down and plugged an earphone into the wall.

"Uh... what are you doing?" The blonde questioned.

"Listening," Jiro dismissively responded. Her face twisted in concentration as a distant rumbling came from the top floor. She removed the jack as she and Kaminari looked up.

"What is that?" Kaminari asked. Jiro sent him a quick glare, irritated by how useless he was being. Just before she was about to say something, a tidal wave of sand flooded the area. The sand was clearly being controlled as it hardened around the two heroes, locking them in place.

The two heroes immediately began to struggle against the sand, Kaminari tried to use his quirk to shock the sand, but it did nothing.

Jiro scoffed and rolled her eyes, and sent out a wave of sound, which was much more effective and she broke free for a second until even more sand took its place.

After a few minutes of struggling All Might's voice rang out, "The Villains are victorious!!" The sand suddenly retracted and went back to where it came from, which Jiro assumed was the short red haired kid.

Meanwhile, Momo was just staring at Gaara, taken aback by what was happening. When All Might said they had won, she couldn't believe it, she had done nothing. Gaara started walking back toward the observation room and Momo followed feeling flabbergasted and frustrated.

"Gaara, what did you do?" Momo asked inquisitively.

"I achieved the goal in the most efficient way possible." Gaara said plainly.

"You did much better this time than that whole mess yesterday, although we could have had much more fun, " Shukaku mocked.

"I'm assuming you used the sand to restrain the 'heroes'?" Gaara nodded and glanced at her while they were walking. "I agree that it was a very great use of time and your quirk, but next time you work with someone, inform them of your plan, we were supposed to be a team after all." Gaara just looked at her in confusion.

"You have been confused an awful lot lately," Shukaku said exasperated, "Get with the program."

Ignoring Shukaku like normal he gave Momo a slight confused nod.

Momo had a feeling that Gaara has not had very much social interaction and has underdeveloped people skills so she decided not to continue scolding the small boy, and so the two walked in silence, before entering an equally silent room.

"Well, that was fast," a boy with spiky red hair spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Um... yes! Great job... to both teams!" All Might continued, "Although on the losing team, Jiro is the MVP of this group! Can anyone tell me why?"

Gaara was seriously getting annoyed with the increasing number of people in his life that spoke loudly with visible punctuation.

"Jiro was the only one to actually start making an effort to like, plan... or something..." A pink alien girl said.

"Correct! Although Kazekage was very successful with his technique, he made no real move to talk to Momo about how they were going to handle the situation, which could end up being very dangerous in a real raid. You want to at least try and be on the same page as the other heroes you are around, if there are any, before just rushing into an unknown situation and landing yourself into a mess." All Might criticized constructively.

The last few groups went and Gaara barely paid attention. Shukaku, however, was very attentive but only so he could make snarky comments. Gaara sighed and rubbed his temples. Little did he know that another person wasn't paying attention to the battles either.

Todoroki watched the smol bean with his heterochromic eyes. He was trying to read Gaara but couldn't quite piece together a cohesive profile.

The class was dismissed after the last group was evaluated and they all went to change into their regular uniforms.

Gaara followed the boys into a room that was small and filled with lockers and open boxes.  Gaara headed over to a corner where he had stashed his uniform. Of course when he had changed in here there had been no one in the room.  

    Gaara felt uncomfortable changing in front of people so he erected a sand half circle in the corner of the room, blocking him from anyone that may HAPPEN to look over at him. (*cough cough* Todoroki the stalker *cough cough*)

     As he did this he could hear people exclaiming in surprise at the sudden wall that appeared.  After he was done changing, Gaara had the sand go back to be the gourd on his back. As the wall disappeared Gaara saw all of the boys in the room staring at him.  

    "Gaara. The true stealth master." Shukaku said, and Gaara sighed for the thousandth time today and walked out of the locker room.