Chapter 81 ~ Healing Requires Taking a Step into the Unknown

Hello everyone, if you are reading this thank you for being patient, I am not doing so well but it ok. Thankfully Shinji is also patient with me and I was able to collect myself enough so we could get this out! Apologizing again, thank you all for everything. 

      Aizawa was filled with euphoria but as he looked at Izuku, dread pooled in his stomach.

He really didn't want to put a shadow on this amazing day, yes he was admitting it, but it was imperative for Izuku to speak to the detective as soon as possible.

Aizawa needed to know if he needed a place to hide a body.

He knew what he had to do, but actually opening his mouth to form the words, effectively ruining the mood, was extremely difficult. He may be viewed as insensitive, but he really did like to see the people he cared about happy. This definitely wasn't going to make them happy.

"...Hizashi?" Aizawa hesitated, not sure what to do.

"Yeah, Sho?" Hizashi smiled at him, and Aizawa's chest ached.

"I..." Aizawa froze up and just looked at Izuku, Hizashi's eyes flashed with realization and the smile faded from his face.

"Hey kids!" The chattering kids look towards Hizashi, "How about we go and get some celebratory chow with Nemuri!" Kankuro fist pumped and Nemuri gave a devilish grin.

"Izuku, will you go talk to Shota for a second?" Hizashi asked as he started to usher the others toward Nemuri's car. They wouldn't leave until Izuku had made a decision.

As soon as Hizashi finished speaking, Hizashi could see the panic set into Izuku.

"It's gonna be a-ok, little listener," Hizashi reassured softly.

"O-ok," Izuku stuttered.

Izuku nervously shambled over to where Aizawa was standing, catching the notice of Gaara, who narrowed his eyes and stopped walking with Yamada to turn and stare at the exchange.

He didn't get closer, he didn't want to interrupt a private conversation, but he stood by in case Izuku emitted distress signals.

Gaara trusted Aizawa but he needed to make sure that he protected Izuku from getting harmed anymore than he already was.

"Mhm..." Shukaku laughed, "You do that."

"Izuku." Aizawa griminced, causing Izuku's panic to grow, "You are not in any type of trouble kid, we just have to talk about something."

Izuku nodded furiously as Aizawa continued.

"It is important that you speak with the police as soon as you feel comfortable to do so and I hate to ask this of you at any time, but especially right now," Aizawa paused, "would you be willing to go now? It is totally understand if you cannot and you would like to wait, but-"

"N-no," Izuku stuttered, "I would rather get it o-over with sooner, a-as long as it is o-ok with you and everyone e-else,"

"I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't. You are sure about this, right? I don't want to push you into something you are not ready for." Aizawa furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at Izuku.

"Y-yes," Izuku confirmed, sounding sure yet anxious, "U-um, c-can I-I um... ask a f-favor?" Aizawa nodded, "I-If Gaara agrees, can he u-um come with u-us? I mean I shouldn't assume you are coming with me, would you? You don't have to, I just was wondering I just don't know what to do and everything is just confusing and I-"