Chapter 26 ~ Twice the Gaara

Here is another chapter... obviously... anyways, enjoy!!! It's too late or rather early for this note to be put together lol...
Wattpad is being particular today... it took us forever to publish this cause it kept saying error

The bell rang, signaling the end of English.  “Okay everyone! That is it for today, no homework and I’ll see you all tomorrow!!” Yamada said, gathering his things.

    Once he had left, everyone started to talk about how they were all questioned by the press that morning while trying to get into school.  “Yeah, Mr. Aizawa was out there as well, probably monitoring the situation to make sure it did not get out of hand, no one recognized him and kept asking for All Might.”  A spiky redhead commented.

     “I wonder why he is an underground hero, who would ever not choose to be in the spotlight?” Asked the invisible one. 

     Gaara sighed.  He didn’t understand why people wanted to be in the spotlight at all, it seemed like too much trouble.  

     “Heroes just help in whatever way they can, it doesn’t matter if you get recognized or not, you just do the best you can!”  Midoriya claimed somewhat meekly, but with a lot of conviction.  

     Gaara decided to tune them all out and continue to read his English book.  ‘Is this a good time to ask him?’ Todoroki thought.  ‘No Shoto, he is reading his book… he looks invested, better not bother him’ Todoroki responded.  

     The next class was something Gaara actually knew things about, Earth science.  This class was taught by Cementoss, whom Gaara knew nothing about. 

     As the bell rang, a large, well, cement-like person walked through the door.  The cement man walked to the front of the classroom and faced the class. Gaara took a shot in the dark and assumed that this was Cementoss.

     “In today’s class we will be starting our unit on the Four Spheres of Earth, open your textbooks to page 21.”  Cementoss said. Gaara did not move to pull out his textbook, which did not go unnoticed by the two toned bean beside him (seriously Todoroki, you need to stop being a stalker!), and his teacher.  “You, who was not present in class yesterday!” Cementoss started and Gaara fixed his eyes on him, “Why do you not have your textbook open?” Gaara shrugged in response. “Please open your book now, do you need me to repeat the page number?” Cementoss asked, exasperated.  Some of the students had begun to snicker.

     “Page 21, Introduction of Earth Science.  Chapter 1: Closed and Open Systems. Section 1: Open systems are systems that interact with other systems inside their own environment.  They take in air and things such as food, and let out other substances.” Gaara paused, “Would you like me to continue?” He asked innocently. 

     “Is… that the… textbook?” Cementoss asked, dumbfounded. 

      “Yes, I read it two days ago.  It was very interesting.” Gaara said nonchalantly.  Gaara’s stalker sat there also dumbfounded, as he had been following along with what Gaara had been saying and looking at his textbook in wonder.

     “Well, if you were still trying to be inconspicuous and normal, you just failed...miserably.” Shukaku said with glee.

     “Whoah!  You memorized the whole book after reading it once?!” A pink-skinned girl exclaimed.  She was not alone in her amazement as many of the other students looked in awe. “That would make tests soooo easy!” She added, whining.  The blonde boy with a short fuse merely huffed at the raucous. He didn’t see why everyone thought the small boy was such a big deal. He still had one of the top scores in the class, and at the end of the day, he would be the number one hero.

     “Yes?” Gaara said hesitantly, “I think it depends for tests, though I cannot say that I have much experience with them.” 

     “Did your middle school not have a lot of tests or something, lucky!”  A black and yellow-haired boy called out in a format that was kind of a question but more like an assumption. 

     “Kazekage here did not go to middle school, he was… um… homeschooled?”  Cementoss tried to cover up his mistake.  

     Gaara looked at the cement teacher weirdly, “Home...school?” He mumbled.  Gaara was confused, he didn’t know what the term ment. 

      “It’s just like what it sounds like, idiot.  When you’re taught at home. Didn’t you ever listen when your siblings would argue with Rasa about getting you homeschooled?” Shukaku immediately butted in.

     “No… not really,” Gaara said to both parties, “I learned on my own, but no one taught me…” He was silenced by a look from Cementoss that begged him to stop.  Gaara only listened out of extreme confusion that everyone in the class seemed to share. Todoroki started wondering how the adorable bean next to him suddenly realized what home schooling was. 

     “OKCLASSANYWAYS,” Cementoss started, trying to plug the leak in the sinking ship before it sank completely, “let’s talk about open and closed systems, thank you Kazekage for introducing it.” Cementoss let out an inward sigh.  He did not sign up for this.  

     Gaara did not speak the rest of the class period, but he was more than happy to do the assignments given to him.  He finished both the in-class work and the stuff that was supposed to be homework (rebel). Gaara left his seat to give the teacher his assignments, who took them and looked at him with a helpless face.  He returned to his seat and took his English book back out.  

      Math was up next on Class 1-A’s schedule and Ectoplasm was the teacher.  First years at UA took Geometry, because it was a gateway into higher level math.  Gaara was pretty okay with the lesson because geometry was a subject that Kankuro asked Gaara to do his homework for, and had given him his textbook at first. Gaara knew the basics in math because Kankuro had always struggled with it.  He did not learn anything too in depth, because Temari quickly caught on to Kankuro using his brother as a homework pass.  

     When the bell rang again, it was time for lunch.  Gaara had decided to stay in the classroom so that his sister would not get any more ideas.  He had planned ahead and even packed himself a lunch so his sister wouldn’t even have a reason to go looking for him.  That, and he had actually been hungry lately, his sister was just a convenient excuse. So he pulled out the brown paper bag and pulled out a rice cake.  Gaara also grabbed his English book, not wanting to waste any time, and began reading while he ate his rice cake, taking small bites in between chapters.

     He was about halfway done with his rice cake when alarms started to go off.