Chapter 34 ~ Kakashi, Baki, Gai

Hello everyone! We apologize that this is so late! We hope you enjoy it though!  We will get the next one put as soon as possible!

We would also like to do a Q&A because we have always wanted to do one!  Ask us or the characters questions if ya want to!

I watched a movie called Killer Sofa... that is where the chapter picture comes from this time...

The medical things are off but we tried our best!  And the poor not main characters are ao neglected...

     Gaara drifted back into consciousness thinking that he was back inside the plane that Shukaku occupied.  He realized very quickly that this was not the case when the eyes he opened were very much his real ones.  Gaara attempted to move his head to better see where he was, but found out that he could not move so he had to settle for what he was able to observe in a fixed position.  

     He concluded that he was in a hospital room, if his knowledge from reading books could be trusted. The pale white walls, the unfamiliar bed, and three uncomfortable looking folding chairs, two occupied and the other sat empty.  In the two folding chairs were a sleeping Kankuro and Temari. Kankuro had fallen so his head was resting on Temari’s shoulder and they were softly snoring. Gaara lay in the hospital bed for what seemed like forever until the door opened and Yamada came in.  The sudden movement and noise woke up the twins and Temari looked up yawning.  

     “Did you get him home alright?”  Temari mumbled, a yawn interrupting her thought halfway through.  Gaara assumed that she was talking about Aizawa since he was the only one not present and was hurt to some degree.  

     “Yes, he would have stayed here, but the doctor gave him an ultimatum.  Stay in the hospital bed and rest or go home and rest. Anyways, I see you two were getting some rest as well!  Sorry to wake you,” Yamada answered wincing, “I tried to be as GAARA’S AWAKE!!!!” Yamada said suddenly yelling. Temari was quick to shush him, looking around in a panic, as if asking sure there were no angry nurses around before she realized what he said.  Kankuro shot to his feet and ran over to Gaara’s bedside, followed quickly by Temari once she had registered what Yamada said. Yamada was close behind the two as they reached the bed. Gaara could do nothing but watch as the scene unfolded.  

     “Hey Gaara,” Kankuro said softly with a slight smile, “How are ya feeling?” Gaara stared at Kankuro but said nothing, not only because he physically couldn't.  “Um… should we call for the doctor or something?” Kankuro wondered after trying to get Gaara to respond a couple more times and failing.

     “I am sure that they are already on their way with how loud Yamada was.”  Temari muttered back trying to hide the worry in her voice. Sure enough, a nurse came in wondering what the problem was.  Seeing Gaara awake, she said she would be back with the doctor and left as quickly as she arrived.  

     The doctor hurried into the room, carrying a clipboard with him.  The nurse came in afterwards, much slower. The doctor stopped near the bed before turning to Yamada and the twins and giving them a small nod.  He then pulled up the white sleeve on his right arm, glancing at his watch.

     “Good morning,” he greeted.  Yamada glanced up at the clock in the room, his eyes widening at the time.

     “Oh, good morning.  I hope I didn’t cause too much of a disturbance,” Yamada nervously apologized.  The doctor gave a light chuckle.

     “Don’t worry about it.  There aren’t any critically injured patients near this room, so you are fine,” the doctor assured him.  This however, did not help. Yamada couldn’t help but notice that he didn’t question what he was referring to, and instead told him that there was nobody around.  The doctor turned towards Gaara. “Hello,” the doctor paused, glancing at his clipboard to ensure he said the correct name. “Gaara. I’m Doctor Stroganoff. How are you feeling?” he asked.  An awkward silence filled the room. The doctor raised a drawn on eyebrow. “Gaara? Can you hear me?” He tried again. And again, there was no response. The doctor flipped through the few pages on his clipboard before looking back at the seemingly frozen boy.  “Are you just unable to move? Blink twice if you can’t move,” he said calmly. Gaara blinked twice. It was a little slow, but still clear.