Chapter 55 ~ Restaurant Wars

Hello everyone! We are back! By chance you did not see our announcement, with school starting up we have decided to adopt an actual consistent updating schedule whenever possible. So we will be updating every Friday unless we decide that this system needs to change.We are quite proud of this chapter, and hope you enjoy it!!! We love any comments we get! Thank you all so much for being patient with us!And the probable plot holes and the overall randomness... but I guess that is to be expected at this point...

Nejire's Cheshire cat grin shown in the surprisingly dark alleyways of the fake city as the starting announcement was given.

Haya returned her grin but it was slightly more nervous.

"Relax! We have got this!" Nejire grabbed Haya's hand and gave it a squeeze, "Now let's go and show everyone who is boss!" Nejire bounced down the alley, unaware of Haya's blush as the girl followed after.

The alley soon emptied into what looked like it would be a bustling business area if the city had been real. Instead, freshly built storefronts emptied into barren streets and sidewalks.

"This is like a ghost town," Haya muttered quietly.

"I'm sure some of our classmates are hiding here somewhere," Nejire whispered back, "But it is eerie, let's implement phase one of our plan!" Haya nodded, not that it mattered, the blue haired girl was already searching for a good place to stakeout and watch for the competition. Their entire plan basically hinged on their classmates giving themselves away.

Not long after the pair had hunkered down inside a dumpster, three students had come out of a restaurant type building.

The trio was horribly failing at being inconspicuous. From their vantage point, Haya could see the tell-tale olive skin of Oline Garnden from class 3-B.

"I see Oline, do you remember seeing who he had teamed up with?" Haya murmured.

"Nope! But we got this anyways! Let's wait till they 'sneak' on off and then implement phase two!" Nejire said brightly, but way too loud. Haya went to shush her but Oline Garden and his team remained oblivious to their presence. Haya really hoped that they were just immensely focused on their mission and not this careless.

Shaking her head, she focused on the entryway where the three had exited, well, she tried anyways.

Nejire was way too distracting. The sunlight made her bright eyes gleam, she was bouncing slightly as they waited, and her hair looked silky smooth.

"Let's go now!" Nejire said impatiently, breaking Haya out of her pinning.

"Y-yeah!" Haya stuttered back, lifting herself out of the dumpster to follow the eager Nejire. They crept till they were pressed against the building next to the entrance.

Looking in, Haya was again impressed by how far UA had gone to make everything realistic. The restaurant was full of tables and chairs, with flowers adorning each one. There was a hall to the left that had double doors. Haya guessed that that would lead to the kitchen of the 'restaurant' since it looked like stereotypical kitchen doors.

"Well, if they have four team members, the remaining one is not in the dining room area. We should check the kitchen for them and if no one is there, just start searching for the flag." Haya whispered and Nejire nodded.

Haya went to the door on the left and Nejire to the right. Slowly, they pushed the doors open and steeled themselves, knowing that they were wide open to attack.