Chapter 87 ~ Adoption, Now Who You Would Think

Hello. This was supposed to be a part of last chapter, but then it was like 1 am and neurons were not firing so uh. XD Let's see if the neurons are firing now or this turned out to be one big mess.   So uh.... I have been siting on this update since Monday, meaning to post it... but here we are.  I got a new job and had a bunch of college stuff to do so maybe that is why I forgot?  I am not sure... but, we are getting rid of our schedule at the moment, because we think we would get out more this way.  Also it was my birthday yesterday so I am now 18!  lol  ................... also uh....... apparently we made a miscalculation and this is WAY shorter than we thought.... um.  enjoy anyways!!

"I would rather be in the car," Gaara grumbled as he suffered in the stuffy courtroom.

The soon to be family was waiting for the judge to actually appear in the room and talk to them. Apparently some villain attack had happened and she was stuck downtown.

"Can't she just teleport or something?" Shukaku whined and Gaara fought the urge to choose violence.

"Why are you complaining? I don't see you here suffering" Gaara huffed and the people around him (that were not his family) looked at him strangely.

"Technically isn't he here suffering?" Izuku asked suddenly and Gaara sighed.

"No, he is in here suffering, not out here suffering. There is a difference. It is hot in this room, not where he is. Therefore he has no right to complain." Izuku nodded intelligently while the twins looked at Gaara like he suddenly grew another head.

"Oh! So when he or you are in the mindscape, you are not affected by things like external senses?" Izuku asked, eyes bright.

"No."

"Cool! So what about-" The heavy doors opening caused Izuku to jump and stop talking, Gaara frowned at his disheartened expression.

"You can ask me later." Gaara told Izuku, who gave a surprised smile.

"Hello everyone, I apologize for the delay," Judge Senju greeted, "It is nice to see you again. Today is just a lot of pomp and circumstance and of course a very special memorable moment."

"I will now swear in all in attendance today," Senju declared, "Yamada Hizashi and Aizawa Shota, do you swear to provide a loving and healthy home for these three children? If so, then answer 'I do'.

"I do," the couple said in unison.

"If those before me swear to be witnesses to the adoption of these children and be there as they grow, say I do," Senju looked towards Nemuri, Principal Nedzu- wait- when did he get here?, and Detective Tsukiwhatever who all repeated 'I do'.

Gaara was surprised that the other friend that Yamada and Aizawa would mention sometimes was not here. It was really odd when you consider the Principal and that one detective from yesterday showed up, but no sign of this supposed best friend. Perhaps their friend was imaginary? Wait- was the detective or Nedzu the friend? He thought he remembered the couple mentioning his name before, and Gaara could swear it started with a 't'... the detective's name starts with a 't'... so it could be him, right? No, that was his last name. They wouldn't call their best friend by his last name. So therefore, the best friend is not present.

"Uh... Gaara, I think you need to get away from Izuku. Or that Todoroki kid. You know what, to be safe, stay away from both of them. That was a mess."

"No," Gaara denied, "In fact I will spend more time with them, just to make you suffer." Shukaku let out a high pitched sound and Gaara smirked.

"If the couple intending to adopt would introduce themselves for the court at this time," Senju asked and Yamada rose too quickly, almost knocking the wooden chair over, and Aizawa, following after him, stabilized it with a sigh.

"My name is Yamada Hizashi, the spouse of Aizawa Shota," Yamada bowed, his hair still in its updo despite his formal attire since there was no time to remove the copious amounts of hair product in it.

"I am Aizawa Shota, the spouse of Yamada Hizashi," Aizawa's bow was much more shallow than his husband's and the judge motioned for them to sit back down.

"Would the to-be adoptees do the same?" Kankuro and Temari looked at one another, neither of them moving, so Gaara took the initiative.

"Gaara," Gaara said, and then bowed in a similar fashion to Aizawa.

"Uh, I am Kankuro, the spouse of-" Temari shot him a look, "-no one,"

"And I am Temari," the twins bowed together and sat down in unison.

"Cool, cool, nice..." Shukaku nodded, "now what was all of that for? It literally served no purpose."

"Please state now your motivations for adopting?"

"We wish to provide a loving and safe home for these three children," Yamada stated proudly.

"I will now review the paperwork and transcripts," Senju declared.

Gaara was very tempted to walk out of the courtroom when ten minutes had passed without a word, he however restrained himself and was relieved to hear Senju clearing her throat. He sat up straighter, only for a moment to pass and nothing happened. Turns out it had been a false alarm.

Gaara sank back into his chair and Shukaku made some comments about the time.

Thankfully, they didn't have to wait much longer as Senju cleared her throat again, but this time continued with words.

"I find nothing in the paperwork I need to address and I have no further questions. Therefore I will now be signing the final adoption decree, making these three legal children of the Yamada-Aizawa household."

Yamada reached over to grab Temari's hand who in turn grabbed Kankuro's and soon they were all gripping each other's hands forcefully.

"You are now a family in the eyes of the law, what surname or surnames should I put on the new certificates?"

Aizawa looked over at the three siblings, and Kankuro gestured for him to answer, "Yamazawa," the judge smiled at them.

"Congratulations! I am excited to say we are done here. Of course I invite you to take a picture with me to commemorate this special day."

Clapping and cheering was heard as the professionalism of the courtroom was dropped and the family rushed forward, all smiles to take a picture with Senju.

Izuku stood awkwardly in the front, beyond happy for them, yet tinged with something else. Longing, his brain supplied, and Izuku shook his head, replacing his faltering smile with a beaming one once more.