Chapter 86 ~ Could We Go Foster, Please? (Time to Play the Name Game)

Hey guys, we are great at falling short when it comes to expectations. However, y'all know that by now, but we still apologize. This note is odd and not what I was going to say cause I am very tired, so uh. Oops. Um... I graduate on Monday... that is so weird to think about. Shinji will graduate a bit later, I didn't forget her lol. Enjoy, we hope you do. Yoda I am now. My cat is chasing a bug, it is very cute. Ok, byeeee     It is a bit short, so sorry 

     They all went back to the classroom together, minus Hitoshi, causing several heads to turn towards them as they walked in. Three of the four of them didn't exactly socialize with the other members of the class, and the one that did was pretty socially awkward.

Their next teacher, Cementoss, was already in the room as they took their respective seats. Cementoss pointedly didn't acknowledge them, still wary of Gaara from the first class with him.

He didn't want to explain to Aizawa about how he enabled some secret to be exposed to a whole school or something like that. Gaara had no filter and he would not make that mistake again.

It was in the middle of Cementoss' class that Yamada poked his head into the room.

"Hey, listeners!" Yamada whisper-yelled once he had gotten the attention of Cementoss, "Can I have Deku and Gaara please?" The class immediately erupted into chatter as Cementoss desperately tried to quiet the class down.

Gaara just shrugged and led Izuku out of the classroom once they had collected their things. He was glad that their classmates, although visibly curious, were respecting their privacy.

Gaara sighed as they went to the car to meet up with the rest of the soon to be family. It felt as if he was just repeating the day before all over again.

"It is time to go back to court!" Yamada gave a thumbs up and Kankuro rolled his eyes.

"Why is this process so longgggg?" Kankuro dragged out, "Couldn't they have just done this yesterday, or something?"

"Hey, it could have been much longer than this. Usually there is this whole vetting process and like classes the prospective parents have to take, but we already did a lot of that and we are pro heroes. They still vet us, but not as thoroughly. Which is messed up, but it works in our favor, so," Yamada shrugged.

Temari and Kankuro nodded in agreement.

A few minutes after they had gotten into the car, Garra looked over to find Izuku asleep.

"Guess he was tired," Kankuro commented and Gaara nodded.

"He didn't sleep well last night," Gaara said and Temari looked over in sympathy.

"Poor kid, but do you have room to talk, Gaara? Did you get any sleep at all?"

Gaara shrugged in response and tried to get comfortable in the crowded car. One of the only things he hated about his new life was the car riding. The car just felt cramped and like a trap to him.

"Well, after today we are going to be..." Kankuro paused, "Wait. What are we going to be?" Yamada turned around from his seat in the front to look at him confused.

"Adopted?" Yamada looked at Kankuro like he suddenly grew another head.

"No, no, I ment like, uh, our last names, did we ever talk about this? Did I forget or something? Entirely possible, I just have no clue," Kankuro wondered, shrugging his shoulders at the end.

Yamada shrieked, and if Aizawa had been any less used to sudden loud noises, he would have stopped the car.

"I DON'T KNOW, DID WE? I WAS SO FOCUSED ON THE PROCESS, BUT THAT IS KINDA PART OF IT, SO HOW-" Yamada's freak out was interrupted by Izuku waking up in the back and turning on his quirk.

Aizawa noticed quickly, activating his own quirk and stopping Izuku before anything really bad could happen. Izuku blinked and immediately began apologizing.

"Kid, you are totally fine. Yamada," Aizawa gave the man a death glare, "Should not have been yelling in the car. You guys can do whatever you want. You all are our kids where it matters, and your name is that, your name. You can do whatever feels special and right for you. If you want to keep the one you have or if you want something else, that is up to you."

"Aww," Temari cooed, while Kankuro seemed deep in thought. Gaara just looked over at Izuku whose face had gone blank and he was looking out the window.

"Talk to the beannn," Shukaku whispered like one of those cartoon angels or devils on people's shoulders, "the bean needdsss youuuu."

"I figured that out by myself, thank you," Gaara rolled his eyes.

Gaara reached over slowly to poke Izuku on his thigh. The boy turned toward him with his head cocked.

"Did I do something to bother you? I am so sorr-"

"No, you just looked upset," Gaara paused, narrowing his eyes, "Do you want to talk?" Izuku immediately turned red.

"No!" Izuku's outburst drew the attention from everyone else in the car, "I uh... I am fine, everything is fine. You guys are just really great."

"We think you are really great too, Izuku," Yamada said gently, and Temari lit up.

"Yeah! I know you probably don't believe us, and you are going to have to hear it from us a million more times, but it is true," Temari agreed.

"Izuku, you are a wonderful person and you are going to be a wonderful hero, we just have to work on your self-worth a little first," Aizawa told him.

Izuku started to silently cry, and the others left Gaara to silently comfort him.

"I think I would like to have a combination of your guys' last names? I know you guys don't go public for safety reasons, but would that be ok? I associate our father's last name with bad memories, and I think having a name that represents our new beginning is what I would like," Kankuro spoke softly.

"That sounds lovely, little listener," Yamada whispered, emotion causing his voice to break.

"I think I would like that as well," Temari spoke up and Gaara also nodded.

"Well, you know how often I cry but you all made Shota cry. So uh, what are you all thinking?" Yamada laughed through his tears, and the three looked at each other.

"Um, well we all have to pick the same one, otherwise it would be weird..." Kankuro trailed off.

"I don't really care," Gaara shrugged.

"Ok so like uh, Yamazawa, Aizyama, Yamaiawa, Izawyam, Awaada, Adaawa, Ziamay..." Kankuro raised his eyebrows in question.

"Oh my, I have no idea where you got almost all of those from," Temari looked at him strangely, "I think I like Yamazawa."

"Well you see, if you reverse their names and combine them or if you just combine them in other ways that is how you can get what I got. But yeah, I like that one too."

"Gaara?" Temari asked, and Gaara made a noise of agreement.

"We love it too!" Yamada cheered, "And guess what? We are here!!"

"That's convenient," Shukaku commented and Gaara shrugged.

"As long as I can get out of this car..." Gaara sighed, sliding out when it was his turn.