Chapter 56 ~ Frogs, Cats, More Chickens, and The Great Cat Chase

We are also proud of this chapter. I have nothing else to say. My brain is mush. Umm hi? How are all of y'all? Ok uh, enjoy?

I do have one more thing.  I just wanted to thank you all again for reading.  Every time I see a comment  or anything related to this fic it makes me happy even when I am having a really bad day.  So thank you all.  

    LAST TIME WITH Kankuro, Miro, Tamaki and Nara

I MOVED THE ENTIRETY OF LAST CHAPTER INTO THE MIDDLE OF THIS ONEEEEEE IT WASN'T JUST PART OF IT XD... Hey it is a new computer... give me some time to get used to it... or to get a mouse... either way... 

Kankuro snickered as he saw who was in fortieth, as he knew that Temari would be annoyed. Nejire's Cheshire cat grin shown in the surprisingly dark alleyways of the fake city as the starting announcement was given.

He turned to where he knew Mirio was and pointed a finger gun at him grinning in a silent question.

Mirio was already headed over to him, a matching grin on his face, Tamaki shadowing behind him.

Once all three of them were together, Kankuro spoke up, "So, who else is thinking we need one more member?" Mirio nodded.

"Did you have anyone in mind? Mirio asked, wondering if they were on the same page, as Kankuro nodded.

"Our resident strategist in Class 3-B, the man our dear Temari hates, Nara." Kankuro confirmed.

"He is a really good choice for this event." Tamaki said softly and they all agreed.

"Now, let's go and find him before someone snatches him!" Kankuro declared, and they headed off to do just that.

It didn't take too long to find Nara, as they assumed where he would be, sitting against the stadium walls. Nara raised his hand in greeting.

"I figured that you were going to seek me out again this year, Lemillion." Nara smirked.

"Well you know the saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it!" Mirio smiled, "So what do you say?" Mirio held out a hand to the boy on the ground, "You in?" Nara took it.

"Let's get started then."

~~~

As they received their flag, they knew that their point total wouldn't be the highest because of Nara coming in last place.

Their flag read 237 in neon blue.

"We will more than double this total, I just know it!" Mirio shined. Tamaki turned his face from the brightness.

"Yeah!" Kankuro cheered, turning toward the entrance (or exit if you think about it) of the course, "Let's go!" Nara sighed and started shambling to the next event, while Mirio seemed to bounce and Tamaki was just slouching.

"So!" Mirio began, slowing down so that he was now walking side-by-side with Nara, "I was thinking that you and Tamaki would be best suited to keep our flag safe, while Kankuro and I go and capture them! What do you think though? You are the strategist." They had just entered the city and were now walking down the main street.

"I was also thinking of pairing off like that. I was also thinking about the rules." Nara smirked, "The way they worded it most people are going to be going back to their hideouts in between each capture, if they manage to capture any at all." Mirio looked at him confused.