Chapter 93 ~ A Talk

normally I wouldn't do this but it has been forever. I had a stroke and have left sided paralysis. they found a hole in my heart too so I need heart surgery to fix it so I have less of a chance of another stroke. I totally don't recommend. relearning how to walk is interesting though. We will never abandon anything I just don't know when we will be able to post yet. hopefully I get my left hand back soon. stay safe y'all.

hi everyone! so I looked at my doc and found I was terribly irresponsible and never posted this chapter. I am now out of the hospital after over 2 weeks there, and I really want to write so we will be lol. I still am paralyzed but oh well, I have one hand, it will just be so, so don't expect consistent updates... not that we were before either... anyway, enjoy

 *became too painful to spell the character's names wrong. Consistency became too psychologically damaging for Iwa*

Shinso shifted nervously in front of Shota. The man sighed. He really didn't want the kid to feel uncomfortable, but it would be that way no matter what Shota did.

"I think you know why I need to talk." Shota said, and then winced. Even he thought that sounded bad.

Shinso scowled, "Can't you just ignore it like everyone else?" Shota frowned.

"No, and I definitely can't now," it was Shinso's turn to wince, "and don't try to blame it on falling or something stupid like that. If this was a one time random encounter, you wouldn't be acting like this. This is learned behavior. I will sit here and listen when you want to talk."

Shinso just sat in silence, refusing to look at Shota. After about five minutes the kid sighed. Shota guessed Shinso expected him to just give up, "Look. I am a kid in the foster care system with a villainous quirk. What else do you expect?"

Okay. Shota was NOT expecting that right away. He expected the kid to try and brush him off again, but nope. Shota blinked at him and Hizashi picked up where Shota left off.

"There was a whole lot wrong with that statement, but I will start with the first one." Shinso looked very taken aback, "Number 1; your quirk is not villainous, hubbubup-" Hizashi shushed Shinso who had opened his mouth to object, "A quirk cannot be villainous, only the actions of people can be." Hizashi's face softened, "but I understand why you think like that. Being told you're a villain your whole life makes you believe it. We will work on that one. Number 2; you are insinuating you are being abused. Is this by other foster children and or your foster parents?"

Shinso remained silent looking shocked and resigned. Shota scoffed angrily.

"I am going to take that as both then," Shota clenched his hands, "This is fucking bullshit and you are not going back there. I will call the detective in the morning, and if you want you can sleep over for the night." Shota declared.

"If you want to rant about how horrible foster homes are, I got you. I have had my share of sucky foster homes until I met my moms. Best day of my life." Hizashi offered and Shota nodded.

"Do you need medical attention right now?" Shota asked, sending a meaningful glance at Shinso's hooded attire. Shinso shook his head causing Shota and Hizashi to assess him critically before dropping the subject when Shinso gave a firm no.

"Can you or one of us take pictures of any bruises you have?" Shinso looked like he was hesitant so Hizashi continued, "It is just so we have physical proof just in case those people, who dare to harm children in their care, contest the charges and the removal of you from the home."