Chapter 27 ~ Sarkura, Deidara, Gaara

It has been too long since we had to write an author's note... we hope you all are keeping safe and sane. We also hope that you can enjoy this. Our new motto is 'When in doubt, Shukaku your way out.' 😂😅 . The author in charge of doing this should really relinquish her job and give it to the other... I feel like these notes are getting... interesting... and I should not be allowed to do this...

As the alarms went off, Gaara made no move to follow the instructions to evacuate.

"Are you going to move?" Shukaku asked.

"No." Gaara dismissed.

"How about yes?" Shukaku demanded. Gaara brought the rice cake to his mouth as the classroom door burst open. Gaara looked up, his rice cake against his lips, and saw Todoroki. He locked eyes with the boy and then ate the entire rice cake in one bite.

'Did he think I was going to take his rice cake?' Todoroki thought, slightly hurt. Todoroki shook his head, and raised an eyebrow.
"What are you doing here? We need to evacuate with the rest of the students," Todoroki noted. Gaara merely shrugged.

"I don't feel like it," Gaara plainly stated. Todoroki blinked.

"It's not a choice. There is an intruder and we are being ordered to evacuate," Todoroki stood his ground. Gaara sighed and glanced towards the hallway which was crowded with people and wrinkled his nose.

"I'm good," Gaara concluded. Todoroki was now beginning to feel frustrated and suspicious.

"Why are you so determined to stay? You have to evacuate, and by staying here you're drawing a lot of attention to yourself, as if you know what's going on," Todoroki began to ponder the possibilities, but when he had looked up, the small boy had one foot on the windowsill of the now-open window. Todoroki's eyes widened as the boy pushed off the ledge, out the window. Todoroki subconsciously moved towards the boy out of fear, knowing that hitting the ground at the height they were at could result in serious injury. Why would he jump?

However, Gaara was perfectly fine as a cloud of sand had formed under him, and supported his weight. "Where are you going?" Todoroki demanded. Gaara gave a glance back.

"Investigating. Something's off." Gaara said, continuing on his path. As Todorki was talking, Gaara sensed an aura that was unlike anyone else's at the school. The only thing Gaara could decode from the aura was that it was powerful and damaged, similar to his own.

As Gaara floated about the school, he found the obvious reason for the alarm, reporters. He turned away as soon as he saw them, because he knew the person responsible for the aura would not be with them.

Gaara inferred that the person would not have entered the campus so he flew over to the gate and looked over the top, in a way that he would go undetected. He sent out his sand eye to be less conspicuous.

It only took him a minute to find the person responsible for provoking Gaara's interest. The person was a blue haired male who was being very suspicious standing about thirty feet from the gate, not bothering to mask his presence at all.

He seemed to be monologing to himself but an eye cannot hear so therefore Gaara would never know what he was saying.

"Wow, you can make an eye, but it can't hear, how about you make an ear next time?" Shukaku laughed.

"No, because then I wouldn't be able to see." Gaara shot back, too intrigued and angry to realize that Shukaku was teasing him.

"You are-" Shukaku was cut off as Gaara blocked him out to see the blue haired man step backwards through a purple portal. Gaara was slightly irritated that he learned nothing about the interesting man. He called back his sand eye.