Chapter 43 ~ The Hero

Happy Pride Month Y'all!! 

Also stay safe y'all!!

And yes we do get excited over anyone who reads/votes/comments.  We never thought we would make it this far.  Shinji let our password leak to our overly supportive friend, and I (Iwa) left it up because she would just do it again XD (love ya)

Enjoy this delayed chapter brought to you by the authors' anxiety, depression, and various other problems.  School is out Friday!!!

     It was midnight.  Two cats prepared for war.  The two cats often found themselves on opposing sides, always fighting for the red bean’s affection.  However, a new contender had made its way onto the battlefield.  Now the cats were going by the well known motto: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  With that in mind, they formed an alliance.  An alliance that would only hold up until the newbie was eliminated.

     The two cats casually sneak into the room, ready to pounce when they see Gaara curled up on the floor with a blanket petting a very small ball of fluff.  The two cats decide that war is overrated and peace is more rewarding.  Swirls suddenly felt very protective of the tiny kitten and jumped into the basket while Mustachio curled up on Gaara’s legs.

  At first Gaara is alarmed that Swirls had randomly jumped it, but he knew that the cat would never hurt anyone other than the tuxedo cat.  The second Swirls started to lick the kitten, he patted Swirls on the head and used his quirk to get a book to read for the rest of the morning, seeing as he was obviously not going anywhere.

     ~~~

     When everyone else had woken up and got ready for school, they had to get the kitten set up for the day.  They were not sure what to do about Swirls sleeping with Floof when they were not there.

     “I trust Swirls but Floof is a five week old kitten.” Yamada said nervously glancing at the sleeping cat, curled around Floof.  

     “We may want to take her out of the basket while we are at school.  Swirls would never intentionally hurt anything… other than Mustachio perhaps, but she is not Floof's mother and I am not sure what effect her presence will have on Floof.” Aizawa mused glancing at the cats.

     “Yeah, that might be for the best.”  Yamada said, reaching down to remove Swirls from the basket.  

     This was a bad idea.  Swirls curled protectively around the kitten and glared daggers at Yamada who instantly backed up.  Gaara sighed and moved to scratch Swirls on the head.

     “Swirls and Floof will be fine, Swirls was very gentle with Floof last night, they will be fine.” Gaara stated, ending the conversation.  

     “Way to put your foot down and assert some dominance!” Shukaku laughed.  Gaara rolled his eyes and started to leave his room when he caught sight of the shopping bag with the sketch book and paused before putting the sketch book into his backpack along with the charcoal pencils.  

(Weird Stuff That Happened Because Of Not Writing Enough... but still in the plot so...)

      “I don’t know, why DID I have to get hurt?” Gaara shot back, getting strange looks from Yamada as they got into the car.

     “I don’t know, why DID I have to get hurt?” Shukaku repeated, childishly.

     “That is not very mature.” Gaara said flatly. 

     “That is not very mature.” Shukaku mocked.  Gaara sent him an annoyed look and decided to stop responding to him.  “*annoyed look*” Shukaku responded in retaliation.