Chapter 33 ~ Is it Made of Crimson Tears

Salutations!  Um, yeah.  This chapter was very hard for us to write but necessary.  We had to build the bridge before we could cross the river to plot and fun stuff... but this means that freindship, ships, and more are closer than ever before!!! This quarantine thing is really hard.  Hope everyone is doing ok!

Inner voice: wow, it took you over 30 chapters to get to this point?

*cringe* well.... it was for plot ok!  Wow over thirty chapters... now that I think about it we are running out of the song for chapter names too...

Inner voice: so you're actually going to have to be creative now, huh?

Ouch that really hurt. 

      Yamada had never ran so fast in his life.  His heart was pounding, and his lunges burned.  Everything told him he should slow down, but all he could think about was getting to Chiyo’s office as fast as humanly possible.  He knew that getting there fast wouldn’t actually save him, and yet he still ran with long, quick strides. He was riding on the slim chance of Temari and Kankuro’s want to see their brother would be more prominent than the one to kill him.  Yamada couldn’t die yet! He needed to smother his husband in a hug! He wanted to be an official father first! Only then would he be okay with dying.   

     Yamada reached Chiyo’s office and opened her door reluctantly.  He was greeted with the sight of Temari and Kankuro sitting on an empty bed in tears.  They stood up and fast walked over to him.

     “Let’s go.” Kankuro said quietly.  Yamada was surprised, but he should have realized that Gaara was more important to them than any anger.  Somehow they all found the energy to sprint to Yamada’s car. Once they were safely on their way and regained the ability to breath,  Kankuro broke the silence, “Aizawa’s hurt too?” Yamada looked in his mirror at him.

     “Did Ch-Recovery Girl tell you that?” Yamada asked.

     “Yeah.  He is okay, right?”  Kankuro questioned.

     “Gaara was doing well when he was put in the ambulance and Shota was fine when I called.”  Yamada responded, knowing that Kankuro did not want to know just about Shota.  

     They drove in silence for a while before Yamada’s ringtone sounded.  Yamada picked up. “Hello, this is Yamada Hizashi speaking.”

     “This is Fluorescent Hills Hospital, you are one of the names listed on Gaara’s contact list.”  The person said. Yamada was confused, hadn’t the paramedics said for him to contact his family?  Oh well.  

     “Yes!  Do you have any news?”  Yamada asked hurriedly.

     “Yes, he is seemingly stable.  The doctor would like to talk to you when you are able to arrive concerning his condition.”  They replied and hung up. (A lot of not named characters are quite rude in this story… and unprofessional… but plot?) Yamada sighed with relief that he was stable, but started to worry about what the doctor could want to talk about.

     “Was that about Gaara?” Kankuro asked.  

     “Yes!  He is stable!” Yamada exclaimed.  You could feel the tension leaving the car.  Now that they knew that he was safe, he was expecting them to blow up, but nothing happened.  They arrived at the hospital and went up to the front desk. “Hello, we are here for Gaa- urr… Kazekage Gaara.  I am Yamada Hizashi and these are his siblings. What room is he in?” 

     “Oh yes.  He is in room 234 on the third floor.  I will alert the doctor you are here.” The secretary at the desk said bored.  The group began to rush to the elevators before Yamada rushed back to the desk.