Chapter 46 ~ Shinso the Projectile

Hello!!  This took a long time because we had to set up a whole bunch of things for the future plot, because it is coming up soon!!  ALSO I think we failed to write in why Gaara actually got sick.  Even though he himself does not feel totally safe yet, his body recognizes that he is now in a safe place to be able to be vulnerable.  This happens when people finally get out of traumatic and unsafe places.  So it was kinda meant as character growth.

  Gaara was not happy. He had been forced to sit with all of his classmates in a small room while they were chattering away.

After what seemed like hours, Gaara and his class were summoned out of the room as he heard Yamada's voice announcing their class. This was not what he focused on, however, as he saw the massive amount of people in what looked like a huge stadium. For once, Gaara decided to initiate conversation.

"Um, why are there people here?" Gaara asked the person next to him, which just happened to be Todoroki. Todoroki looked very confused. Whether it is because of Gaara's question or by Gaara talking to him at all.

"It is the Sports Festival." Todoroki stated to Gaara.

"Yes?" Gaara replied.

"Well the Sports Festival is a heavy televised, highly attended event that happens at UA every year. It is..." Todoroki started explaining, trying to get Gaara to understand.

Gaara stopped paying attention to Todoroki as he had gotten his answer, and he was wondering as to why he was not informed of the fact that the Sports Festival actually had an audience. It was not like he cared in the first place, however, having it be public meant that the nuisance became a very bad itch.

"I have been sitting on this for weeks! You were busy off in your own world when Tired Man was explaining about the Sports Festival." Shukaku cackled. Gaara's face adopted a perturbed expression that Todoroki saw and immediately thought was aimed at him.

"I don't know what your deal is with me but I will unearth your secrets." Todoroki said, eyes narrowed. Gaara turned his face to Todoroki.

"Be careful what you wish for, you may not like the consequences." Gaara softly warned, a sad and distant look in his eyes. Todoroki was shocked, Gaara's words replayed in his mind.

Before Todoroki could respond, Midnight was calling for Bakugo to come and give a speech. Class 1-A was very tense as Bakugo made his way to the microphone.

" I just want to say that I pledge-" Bakugo started, pausing while feedback threatened to kill everyone's eardrums, "I will become number one." Murmurs broke out in the audience, " As for today, I'm gonna win," Bakugo walked back down and the class immediately started freaking out as the rest of the classes became even more against them.

When Todoroki turned back to continue his conversation with Gaara, the boy was gone.

Midnight announced the first event of the Sports Festival was to be an obstacle course. The mob of UA hopefuls were led to the start of the course. As soon as Midnight gave the signal, Todoroki was racing forward, pushing people out of the way with waves of ice.

He knew that leaving the track in a skating rink was rude, but he intended to win. He wasn't about to do anything less than his best to show his father he isn't needed. If others had to be inconvenienced to do so, then be it. (when you are writing and you realize that was a more Bakugou thing to say so you have to change it... then continue writing like Bakugou...)