⋆𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔⋆ (prologue)

"If I don't get eaten by the giant squid in the lake, then yeah sure

"If I don't get eaten by the giant squid in the lake, then yeah sure."

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

✰𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍✰

Most wizards in England tend to live in the Muggle neighborhood. Some even practice their ways of living, so that they can keep the identity of the Wizarding world a secret, or they simply just find the Muggle ways fascinating like the Weasleys. If you don't count the obnoxious Malfoys in Wiltshire or the despicable Parkinsons in Cornwall, that is.

It's a known fact that Hogsmeade is the only all-wizarding village in Britain. Devon follows closely behind by possessing most of the wizard families in England.

The people residing in Ottery St Catchpole had many many difficulties and issues in their lives, of course. But a 13-year-old Hufflepuff living there with his parents and sibling? His only trouble was waking up his annoyingly heavy sleeper of a sister whom he loved very deeply.

"Y/N! Y/N, wake up!" He gently tapped his little sister on the hand, trying to wake her up.

No response.

"Oh come on, you really need to see this!" He tried shaking her lightly.

Still no response.

"How do you even do that?"

He took her arm and pulled her up into a sitting position and lightly tapped her on her cheeks.

"Open. Your. Bloody. Eyes!"

"Ugh, what do you want Ceddy? You ruined the ending of my dream!"

The little girl rubbed her eyes tiredly, annoyed at her big brother.

"What dream?"

Y/N paused and blinked at him.

"I dunno. I can't remember."

He chuckled and was about to start talking when she laid back on her bed and closed her eyes again. He frowned at her.

"Okay alright then." The Hufflepuff got off the bed and started shouting at the open door.

"Mum! Looks like Y/N doesn't want to see her Hogwarts letter! Should I just throw it out-"

His sentence was cut off as the 11-year-old sprung up from her bed almost at the speed of lightning and snatched the letter from her brother's hand and started opening it furiously, her sleepiness all gone.