𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 4࿐⋆back to hogwarts⋆

❝Oh my lovely wife!❞

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

✰𝕐/ℕ'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍✰

The carriages came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. I, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville jumped down from our carriage and dashed up the steps too, looking up only when we were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase.

"Blimey," said Ron, shaking his head and sending water everywhere, "if that keeps up the lake's going to overflow. I'm soak- ARRGH!"

A large, red, water-filled balloon had dropped from out of the ceiling onto Ron's head and exploded. Drenched and sputtering, Ron staggered sideways into me, I was distracted by the water balloon that I didn't notice him and the force sent me crashing into Harry, who caught me in his arms just as a second water bomb dropped- narrowly missing Hermione, it burst at Harry's head, sending a wave of cold water over the back of my neck.

People all around us shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire. I looked up and saw, floating twenty feet above us, was the one and only Peeves.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall came dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch- sorry, Miss Granger-"

"That's all right, Professor!" Hermione gasped, massaging her throat.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" barked Professor McGonagall.

"Not doing nothing!" cackled Peeves, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall.

"Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years who had just arrived.

"I shall call the headmaster!" shouted Professor McGonagall. "I'm warning you, Peeves-"

Peeves stuck out his tongue, threw the last of his water bombs into the air, and zoomed off up the marble staircase, cackling insanely.

"Well, move along, then!" said Professor McGonagall sharply to the bedraggled crowd. "Into the Great Hall, come on!"

"Let's go," said Hermione.

I realized that I was still in Harry's arms, my back leaning into his chest with his hands on my shoulders. I quickly shook his hands off and walked forward across the entrance hall without looking back at him because I knew I'd start blushing if I saw his face.