𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 5࿐⋆friends are chocolate chips⋆

AN~ happy birthday to YourMomsHairyC00chie one of the very people who still remember the 'elephants' joke lmaooo I love ya queen happy birthday <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

❝What you and Harry have is special

❝What you and Harry have is special.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

"-he beat that guy up? The Cedric Diggory?" Ron said as the four of them continued to laugh. "Nah, I don't believe it."

"He did!" Y/N exclaimed. "Ronnie, don't forget that he was The Rebekah Diggory's son- the woman who slapped the Minister of Magic in the face."

After talking through all the misunderstandings between them and sorting things out, Harry, Ron, and Hermione decided to ask Y/N to tell them some happy stories about Cedric to cheer her up.

It weirdly worked, in a way. Talking about what Cedric did when he was alive didn't hurt as much as Y/N thought it would. In fact, it actually made her weirdly feel better.

"Alright, that's a good point," said Ron.

Y/N was telling the three of them about the time when Cedric beat up a guy in their neighborhood who was following Y/N around and used to creep her out when she was twelve.

"I always knew that that Fawcett bloke was bad news," said Ron. "He'd always throw stones at our house from the outside when I was little."

"Merlin, yes," said Y/N. "He used to do that to us too- until Mum threatened to make his ears look like a pig."

"I still don't get how you two didn't know each other before you came to Hogwarts," said Harry, gesturing at Y/N and Ron. "I mean- you both basically live in the same village."

Y/N and Ron looked at each other.

"Well, I didn't exactly go out that much when I was little," Y/N said, shrugging. "Ceddy, Mum, and Dad always kept me entertained somehow so I didn't have the need to go out and make friends."

"Same here," said Ron, shrugging like her. "I mean- when you have six siblings to keep you company, you don't exactly feel the need to go out."

"It would've been nice though, wouldn't it?" Y/N said, smiling at Ron. "If we had become friends before we came to Hogwarts?"

"Yeah, then we wouldn't have crashed into each other in the train and you wouldn't have hit your head," said Ron as the four of them chuckled.

A rush of nostalgia washed over Y/N as she remembered her first day at Hogwarts. How she refused to sit with Cedric and decided to find her own compartment. How she bumped into Ron and complained about having an annoying brother. How they met Harry and Hermione together. How Cedric cheered her up after she got sorted into Gryffindor. How Fred and George basically adopted her.