𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐٭it's dumbledore's end⋆

❝That was for my father

❝That was for my father.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

When the detention with Snape was over, Harry raced back up the stone steps, straining his ears to hear a sound from the pitch, but all was quiet. . . . The match was over, then. . . .

He hesitated outside the crowded Great Hall, then ran up the marble staircase; whether Gryffindor had won or lost, the team usually celebrated or commiserated in their common room.

"Quid agis?" he said tentatively to the Fat Lady, wondering what he would find inside.

Her expression was unreadable as she replied, "You'll see."

And she swung forward.

A roar of celebration erupted from the hole behind her. Harry gaped as people began to scream at the sight of him; several hands pulled him into the room.

"We won!" yelled Ron, bounding into sight and brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. "We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!"

Harry looked around, spotting his favourite person in the crowd pretty quickly.

"I caught the Snitch! I CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" shrieked Y/N as she ran towards him and jumped into his arms. Harry barely had time to react when she pulled away, not even caring that at least fifty people were watching them, and kissed him deeply on the lips.

Elephants. Thousands of it.

Several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. Romilda Vane looked like she might throw something. Even Ron was grinning and shaking his head, muttering something like, "I am used to it, at this point."

"I knew you could do it," said Harry when they pulled away, breathless.

"Come on, let's have some Firewhiskey and I'll tell you all about my spectacular catch," said Y/N, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the food table. "Put that down," she added menacingly to Dennis Creevey, who was holding a glass of Firewhiskey.

"I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about," Dennis pouted, placing the glass down as he left.

"Kids these days," said Y/N, shaking her head exasperatedly.

"You sound like Rigel," grinned Harry.

A look of horror flashed across Y/N's face and she said, "Merlin, I do, don't I?"

Harry picked up two glasses of Firewhiskey, passing one to Y/N, and started to drink as they discussed the match. Y/N recited every single detail to Harry, talking excitedly about how she felt when her fingers wrapped around the Snitch.

"I think a reward is in order, don't you think?" said Harry when she finished rambling.

"Reward? Like what?" Y/N raised an eyebrow.