𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 7࿐⋆what a great start⋆

✨ Harry Potter and the year everyone thought he couldn't get hotter but he did ✨

❝Who would set your kitchen on fire if I am gone?❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

The Diggory residence was bursting with energy. Even when the rest of the wizarding world seemed to grow darker and darker, their little house in Ottery St Catchpole only shined brighter. Rebekah Lupin was shouting instructions at everyone while trying not to smack Sirius Black with a pan for testing her patience every five minutes. Cleaning, decorating, painting, remodeling- there was always some form of preparation going on for the past two weeks. The wedding preparation.

The wedding of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks.

It was a small and quiet event, including only the closest family members with a simple ceremony. But nothing was ever simple when Rebekah and Sirius were involved in it.

Y/N Diggory, on the other hand, spent most of the time in her room, playing with Elvendork the Pygmy Puff, preparing for, not the wedding, but the dangerous journey ahead. She, Ron, Hermione, and Harry had planned to drop out of Hogwarts to hunt for Horcruxes, to continue Dumbledore's mission, to end Voldemort once and for all.

When Y/N, Hermione, and Ron go with Harry, the Death Eaters would come straight to their houses for information on where they were. Thus, all four of them had taken extreme measures to protect their families.

Hermione had modified her parents' memories so that they were convinced they were called Wendell and Monica Wilkins and had sent them to Australia. Ron had transformed the ghoul in the Burrow's attic to look like him with Spattergroit disease, so that it would look like the reason Ron wasn't at Hogwarts was that he was sick. Harry would be sending the Dursleys to somewhere safe along with some trusty Aurors.

Y/N had also crafted a story for her own family. Amos was to go into hiding just like the Dursleys. Rigel would be staying safe with the rest of the Aurors, finishing his training. Rebekah and Sirius, however, were going to spread the fake news about how they had gotten 'married' and were going to the Bahamas for their 'honeymoon,' when in reality, Sirius would be taking Rebekah to his Uncle Alphard's old house in Germany so that even if the Death Eaters got suspicious, all they would be doing was search fruitlessly in the Bahamas.

Keeping all of this in mind, Y/N thought this wedding was a good distraction, though she couldn't wait for Bill and Fleur's wedding, which would be happening the day after Harry's birthday, a lot grander and much bigger than this one. Well, truthfully, she couldn't wait to see Harry.

Excitement surged through her every time she thought about seeing him, hugging him, just being with him. . . This summer had been one of the hardest to get through due to Harry's absence. She couldn't send him any letters, seeing as the two of them were being watched by the Death Eaters every day. Ozwald also seemed to miss Y/N sending letters to Harry, because now he, like Y/N, had to wait until Bill and Fleur's wedding to see Hedwig.