𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 5࿐⋆the weasleys blow up the school⋆

❝Slap that bitch into next week!❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

Harry and Hermione persuaded Ron and Y/N to join them in revising under the beech tree at the edge of the lake. They spread their books out in the shade of the beech tree and sat down while Ron talked them through his first save of the match for what felt like the dozenth time.

"Well, I mean, I'd already let in that one of Davies's, so I wasn't feeling all that confident, but I dunno, when Bradley came towards me, just out of nowhere, I thought- you can do this! And I had about a second to decide which way to fly, you know, because he looked like he was aiming for the right goalhoop- my right, obviously, his left- but I had a funny feeling that he was feinting, and so I took the chance and flew left—his right, I mean- and- well- you saw what happened," he concluded modestly, sweeping his hair back quite unnecessarily so that it looked interestingly windswept and glancing around to see whether the people nearest to them- a bunch of gossiping third-year Hufflepuffs- had heard him. "And then, when Chambers came at me about five minutes later- What?" Ron asked, having stopped mid-sentence at the look on Harry's face. "Why are you grinning?"

"I'm not," said Harry quickly, and looked down at his Transfiguration notes, attempting to straighten his face. The truth was that Ron had just reminded Harry forcibly of another Gryffindor Quidditch player who had once sat rumpling his hair under this very tree. "I'm just glad we won, that's all."

"Yeah," said Ron slowly, savouring the words, "we won. Did you see the look on Davies's face when Y/N got the Snitch right out from under Chang's nose?"

"Forget him, how do you even play Seeker?" said Y/N. "It's literally the most boring position in Quidditch. D'you know how many times I wanted to say 'screw this' and just grab the Quaffle? It was like the Quaffles were calling my name!"

"You still played really well," said Ron. "I mean, you and Chang were neck to neck! That was one hell of a dive, wasn't it, Harry? Did you see?"

"Er-" said Harry.

"Well, actually. . . no, Ron," said Hermione with a heavy sigh, putting down her book and looking at him apologetically. "As a matter of fact, the only bit of the match Harry and I saw was Davies's first goal."

Ron's and Y/N's faces fell in disappointment.

"You didn't watch?" Ron said faintly, looking at Hermione. "You didn't see me make any of those saves?"

"Well- no," said Hermione, stretching out a placatory hand towards him.

"Wait, you didn't see me catch the Snitch?" said Y/N, she was looking at Harry. "What- you left?"

"We didn't want to leave!" said Hermione. "We had to!"

"Yeah?" said Ron, whose face was growing rather red. "How come?"