𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐⋆i should've stayed in bed⋆

❝Let me catch my breath, dammit

❝Let me catch my breath, dammit.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

July 31st, 1996.

"Is the cake ready or what?" Y/N asked her Mum in a whisper.

"Yes, yes, just a minute," said Rebekah, who was writing wordings on the cake using frosting.

It was, of course, Harry Potter's sixteenth birthday. The first time Harry had ever been able to properly celebrate his birthday with the people that he loved, rather than alone in his room at the Dursleys. Rebekah, Sirius and Y/N wanted to make it as special as possible.

Naturally, Rebekah was in charge of the cake. Sirius was decorating the house with balloons, banners, and lots of confetti. As usual, Y/N was walking back and forth between the adults, occasionally checking if Harry had woken up.

"Hey, Bex?" Sirius called from the living room.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering," he began, trying to be casual and hanging the banners. "Er- what present did you get for Harry?"

Rebekah paused, looking up dramatically through her lashes. Y/N knew what was going on. Sirius and Rebekah had been competing all summer about who was the better godparent to Harry, even in the smallest things. It was no surprise that they would compare their birthday gifts to Harry.

"Oh you know," Rebekah shrugged. "Just shoes."

"Shoes, great!" Sirius exclaimed, then quickly composed himself. "Shoes are great, Bex, good job."

Rebekah hummed in response, not taking her eyes off the cake. Sirius looked greatly pleased about something. Y/N rolled her eyes at their childishness.

Suddenly, all three of them froze and looked up.

Y/N could hear footsteps and movements from Harry's room. He was awake and nothing was ready.

"He's up, he's up, he's up!" Y/N whispered frantically. "What do we do?"

"What do we do, Bex? You're the brilliant one!" Sirius said nervously, dancing on his spot.

Rebekah looked around in panic, searching for a distraction. Then her eyes fell on Y/N.

"Y/N, go on!" She pushed her toward the stairs. "You've got to distract him while Riri and I complete decorating!"

"What?" Y/N gasped, but Rebekah had already pushed her halfway through the stairs. "Mum, how do I distract him?"

"Make up, make out- I mean- no, forget I said that! Just do something, go! Go!"

"Fine, fine, fine!" Y/N climbed up the stairs.

"Don't do anything I would do!" Rebekah whispered at her back. "I don't want to be a Grandmother yet!"