𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 7࿐⋆love is a dagger⋆

❝Let him die

❝Let him die.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

It had been three months since Y/N and Luna were locked up in the Malfoy Manor. Like Ollivander, they tried everything, but the cellar turned out to be escape-proof. To shut down Y/N's attempts at escape and to make her weak, the Malfoys kept the habit of mixing an extreme amount of Wolfsbane potion in her food and water.

Y/N was unconscious most of the time, the lack of food and the continuous intake of Wolfsbane made her into nothing but a puddle of boneless heap. She couldn't lift a finger most days if she tried. On the days she could, though, she was tortured constantly to spill the whereabouts of her dagger.

At this point, Y/N was ready to welcome death, but a part of her heart refused to give up. She had to live, if not for herself, at least for him.

She had to make sure his ring was glowing every day, if else, she dared not think about how much it would break Harry. So she stayed, for him.

They had lost count of days, and time. One day, however, the noises from above were extremely loud. They were so loud that Y/N stirred from where she was curled up against a pillar. She could barely move a muscle, yet she strained her ears to hear what was going on upstairs.

The cell was completely dark, with no source of light. She heard footsteps near the cellar's door and slumped further against the pillar. She wasn't ready to take another torture curse that day.

Someone opened the door of the cell and dropped something heavy inside and closed it again. Y/N reckoned they were more prisoners, and closed her eyes. She didn't care enough to know who they were. Nobody could escape, anyway.

The echoing bang of the slammed cellar door had not died away before there was a terrible, drawn-out scream from above.

"HERMIONE!" Somebody bellowed, and Y/N's muscles twitched. "HERMIONE!" They screamed again, and Y/N could not believe her own ears. Maybe her mind was playing games with her again, because she most certainly did not hear Ron Weasley right now.

"Be quiet!" said someone else. "Shut up. Ron, we need to work out a way-"

A sob worked its way into Y/N's dry throat. If she were normal, she would've stood up so fast and jumped into his arms right now, but all she could do was slowly slide herself up the pillar while forcing the sob down her throat.

It was Harry's voice. She would recognise him in death.

He was here.

"HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"

"We need a plan, stop yelling- we need to get these ropes off-"

"Harry?" Luna whispered through the darkness. "Ron? Is that you?"