𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 4࿐⋆fancy you⋆

❝One might think you fancy me or something❞

One might think you fancy me or something

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

When Harry woke up on Sunday morning, it took him a moment to remember why he felt so miserable and worried. Then the memory of the previous night rolled over him.

Ronald Weasley, his best friend, the first person to ever show Harry what friendship actually meant, did not believe that Harry didn't put his name in the fire.

Harry sat up and ripped back the curtains of his own four-poster, intending to talk to Ron, to force Ron to believe him- only to find that Ron's bed was empty; he had obviously gone down to breakfast.

He couldn't find both Y/N and Hermione in the common room last night.

Did they believe him? Or did they also think that he'd put his name in the fire like Ron did?

Harry dressed and went down the spiral staircase into the common room. He scanned the room for a sign of Hermione or Y/N but when he couldn't find them again, He walked resolutely over to the portrait hole, pushed it open, climbed out of it, and found himself face-to-face with Hermione.

"Hello," she said, holding up a stack of toast, which she was carrying in a napkin. "I brought you this...Want to go for a walk?"

"Good idea," said Harry gratefully.

They went downstairs, crossed the entrance hall quickly without looking in at the Great Hall, and were soon striding across the lawn toward the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflected blackly in the water.

It was a chilly morning, and they kept moving, munching their toast, as Harry told Hermione exactly what had happened after he had left the Gryffindor table the night before. To his immense relief, Hermione accepted his story without question.

"Well, of course I knew you hadn't entered yourself," she said when he'd finished telling her about the scene in the chamber off the Hall.

"The look on your face when Dumbledore read out your name! But the question is, who did put it in? Because Moody's right, Harry... I don't think any student could have done it...they'd never be able to fool the goblet, or get over Dumbledore's-"

"Where is Y/N?" Harry interrupted.

She was the person he wanted to see the most at the moment, to know if she believed him, to hear the words 'I believe you and it'll be okay' from her lips. Only then, Harry thought, would the awful feeling in his stomach go away.

"Oh I am not sure," said Hermione, trying to hold back a smile. "She um... She's probably still in the Hufflepuff Basement because I didn't see her at breakfast-"

"She's what?" Harry said, forgetting all about the tournament for a second. "What do you mean 'she's still in the Hufflepuff Basement'?"

"Well, you know how her brother also got selected and how many friends she's got in Hufflepuff so um-"