𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐⋆adopting a fourth kid⋆

❝This is our new kid

❝This is our new kid.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

Days at the Burrow was considerably pleasant, given the situation. At first, Rigel mostly kept to his room and only talked to Y/N, answering the others only when they asked a question. But everyone else genuinely made an effort to get to know him, especially Ron, Harry, and Hermione. Despite the fact that he was a Slytherin, they were as friendly as possible to him, and soon Rigel started warming up to the others too (surprisingly.)

Rebekah had given Mrs. Weasley the Potion recipe for Rigel, and within three days, Rigel was all cured and normal again. Well, at least physically.

Y/N remained within the confines of the Burrow's garden over the next few weeks. She spent most of her days playing three-a-side Quidditch in the Weasleys' orchard (she, Harry, and Hermione against Ron, Rigel, and Ginny; Hermione was dreadful and Ginny good, so they were reasonably well matched) and her evenings eating triple helpings of everything Mrs. Weasley put in front of her.

It would have been a happy, peaceful holiday had it not been for the stories of disappearances, odd accidents, even of deaths now appearing almost daily in the Prophet. Sometimes Bill and Mr. Weasley brought home news before it even reached the paper.

Rebekah and Sirius had sent a letter to the Burrow saying that they'd found Noah's body and had performed a quick burial. But they were still busy with the other Aurors about finding the Death Eaters responsible. They didn't want to drag Harry, Y/N, and Rigel here and there, so they'd asked them to spend the rest of the holidays in the Burrow.

The one thing that made Harry's stay at the Burrow slightly irritable was the presence of Ron and Rigel. They'd started to show quite the annoying big brother act towards Y/N, making it impossible for Harry to get near her.

Even at the dinner table, Ron and Rigel made sure to sit in between Harry and Y/N, causing Harry to think if they were working together.

Their letters and school lists arrived from Hogwarts and Mrs. Weasley decided to take them all to Diagon Alley on Saturday.

Y/N was contacted by her father two days after Noah's funeral. She knelt near the fireplace in the Weasley kitchen, convincing Amos that she and Rigel were indeed safe and sound in the Burrow.

"Dad, for the hundredth time, we're alright," said Y/N patiently. "Rigel's fine too. His wounds and everything had closed up and he's a lot cheerful these days. At least- as cheerful as he could be."

"I am just worried, is all," said Amos. "Are you quite sure you can't come here and stay with me for the rest of summer?"