S1-3 | Blue Eyes

S3. Blue eyes

It won't come off too quickly.

I've been scrubbing the blood stain on the carpeted floor, but with no luck, the blood won't come off easily. I didn't even know why I was trying to hide the evidence.

But if I tell the authorities what really happened, they'll surely take some action and I have already gone through the tiresome investigations and the talk of the town with the Collin's tragedy.

The sound of the doorbell rang. I stilled and stared at my sore, reddish hand and the mess I was currently in. I hurriedly wash away the blood in my hands and position the bucket so that it covers the blood stain.

I wipe my hands nervously down my jeans and opened the door. Tristan Evans stood on my door step. He was wearing his police uniform which fit him perfectly. His blond hair was messy, as if he had constantly run his fingers through it. I sucked in a breath as I stare at his vibrant blue eyes.

"You okay?" his deep baritone voice made me blush.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I stuttered and tried to cover it up with a shaky breath. I made it a point to open the door just so I could perfectly block the view of the inside with my body.

A frown creased his forehead, but he looked fairly amused. One side of his lips turned up in a smirk. My heart beat gone over drive.

Why did he have to be so hot?

Tristan Evans, a police officer, four years my senior was the one who helped me through all those tiresome investigations and I have a crush on him for a year now. He's also alarmingly single and too sweet for his own good. I wonder if he had made a lot of women cry.

"You did call about a wolf?" he asked curiously, his gaze darting to the house.

"Oh...that, I-I was just...I was." I felt my cheeks burned up. I didn't know what to say! I didn't want him to think I was making up something but if word goes out about this, the gossips, the police hanging around the house will be terrible.

Tristan's kind blue eyes lightened up in understanding. He smiled reassuringly down at me.

"It's okay. I understand. It's one of those nightmares right?"

It took some time for my brain to digest what he just said. Nightmare? He thinks I'm just hallucinating?!

I looked disbelievingly at him as he jot down something on his notepad and tucked it safely in the back pocket of his pants. Maybe this was for the best.

Is it really? I silently mused. The one guy I liked and feel safe around thinks I'm a teenager having hallucinations.

"Here, this will help you calm your nerves." Tristan held out a can of cider and a beer on the other hand.

A smile made its way to my lips and I shook my head.

"I'm of age to drink beer you know." I teased. Tristan just grinned and shook his head.

"Nope, I don't have training on how to handle 19 year old girls if they get drunk." He winked. I blushed from the roots of my hair to the tips.

Good God! He's flirting!

If Tristan noticed, he didn't comment on it.

We stood over the railing of the terrace in silence, overlooking the street where his police car was parked.

"How's your mom?" he asked, taking a gulp of his beer. I pursed my lips. My mom suffered a serious heart attack two months after the Collin's tragedy and now in a comatose state.