S2-64 | Brewing War

~Thank you all for supporting Scarlet Legacy till now.~

S2-64. Brewing War

~Tuesday, 9:45 pm
White Rose mansion of the Ilgeström family
Benedict Ilgeström

Moonlight fleeted amidst the thick canopy of evergreen trees. Basked in the silver light, the ruined fountain reduced to rubbles of marble and pile of stone looked like an enthralling monument, rivaling its former glory.

Benedict stood on the far side of the garden. Vines had crept in the gazebo a few steps away, from his right. The dark green vines curled intricately around the four columns. Weeds and moss had sprang up from the cracks on the stone floor.

The memory of how it once look still lingered in his mind, back then when the mansion was so named because of the abundance of white roses. It was once a sanctuary filled with laughter and happy memories. Now, even wild flowers refused to grow. As if the land was cursed and barren. It only held the ghost of his past and the silence screamed of justice.

A sound coming from the other side had him alerted and ready to sprang in action. The wolf in him was agitated with this sudden turn of events.

A wounded man emerged from the shadows. Even from afar, Benedict spied the bitemarks lining up in his arms. Blood was flowing freely. The vampire's venom had been affecting his healing ability and if not treated in the next seven hours, he will die. The man wobbled in his steps and stopped a feet away from him, slumping to the ground.

The sound of his heavy breathing filled the silence.

Benedict pulled out a vial containing a colorless liquid and tossed it to the man who grinned, and with a bit difficulty managed to catch it in one hand. He uncapped it and drank the contents hastily, heaving a deep breath afterwards.

"Those bloody blood suckers are going to pay the next time. " the man grumbled. In an instant, the trickle of blood stopped, some punctures started to close, leaving unmarred skin.

"Dont tell me you've been lenient on them, Ryder?" He drawled, approaching his cousin who made himself comfortable in the grass.

Ryder scoffed and stretched his neck to release the coils of tension from his body. "They burned of course. You know I hate tattletales. "

"Mind telling me why you get in a fight with them while working?"

"I met them because I am investigating. That 'person' have ties with one of the two vampire clans. I dug deeper and found nastier possibilities that person might come up with. "

The vampires are divided in two factions ruled by fraternal twin brothers -Xathos and Declan. After the second great war, a truce was arranged and the feud between them had long since ended. Now, the truce is likely to break because of this mishap.

Benedict exhaled slowly. "A war with the vampires." He mused. "This will be our first war."

"Yeah. A war debut. Dont you think were a bit younger for this? Dad said he experienced his first one when he was a hundred and eight years old "

"I'm not complaining. We know of someone who had far worse fate than us and who is much younger." Benedict pointed out. .

"That kid has it tough." Ryder agreed.

"That kid will be your king soon. Arius Romanov might be the next in throne since the betrayal of Sean Dmitrov made most of the council members distrust Christopher. "

"Its a shame. Chris is a good guy." Ryder stood up, discarding his torn shirt completely. He quirked an eyebrow up at Benedict.

"How long were you going to hide the fact that our quest has finally reached its end? I had to find out from my intel about this Honey LeChat."