S2-77 | The Grand Scheme

~More more more.... Who wants more? *grins*

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S2-77 | The Grand Scheme

Benedict was a distance away from Roarke and Luke but he heard everything perfectly well. He was beyond livid. He wanted to know what Luke has to do with the murder of his family. He wanted to hear why he killed them.

Was it all part of his end game to bring the Red Queen back?

He wielded his sword swiftly striking at his opponents in an effort to get closer to Luke and Roarke.

Just then, his gaze fleeted to the lone figure of Honey LeChat. No one was daring to approach her for inspite of the innocence of her physical form, they all knew that there was a monster inside of her.

The memory of her sister's death flashed in his mind. It tugged at his chest heavily and the hesitation wavered and promptly disappeared in him. The grip in his sword tightened with new found determination. What does he fear most?

It was dying without giving justice to his family's murder.

And he will bet his life to achieve it. The most painful thing he had endured was living alone without a family, groping blind for a justice he thought he would never grasp. And now, it was within reach. He couldn't afford to lose this chance.

Right now as Luke is still busy fighting off Roarke and he could very well see that he was having a hard time against the renowned war time general. With light steps, he traversed the battlefield, wielding his sword against anyone who dared stop him. His gaze was locked on Honey LeChat –no –she was Olivia Oakham right now with her burning red gaze.

Hate bubbled up inside of him, that he could almost taste its bitter tang.

She was watching the fight between Luke and Roarke with intense concentration and the cacophony of sounds from around them blanketed his approach. He lifted up his sword, took a deep breath and lunged towards her.

Kill!

He was faintly aware that someone was shouting at him to stop.

But before he could thrust his sword against her chest, a body shielded his strike. His sword pierced through firm flesh. For a moment he was in a daze as he watched blood seep from the person's chainmail and spread into a bigger circle.

His ears were ringing from the adrenaline. A hand grasp his shoulder to steady him.

He shook his head and looked at the person who blocked his way.

Blue eyes stared deep into his. A soft smile stretched the man's lips now stained with blood. The deep scar on his face made it impossible to recognize him but Benedict knew him.

It was William.

He took a step back, his hand falling down to his side. He looked aghast at the sword now pierced on William's side. William staggered a bit, grip the sword's handle and pulled it with a strangled cry.

"Why?" Benedict didn't understand why William stopped him from killing the queen. Everything could have been ended if he did not stop him.

Olivia was now looking at them with her Scarlet gaze filled with contempt and disgust. "How dare you try to kill me?!" Her voice screeched. The wind blew furiously through the clearing bringing with it dust and leaves and twigs.

She glanced then at William who was on the ground, clutching at his side. Blood continued to gushed out of the wound.

"As my gratitude for saving my life, I'll heal you." Olivia started to approach him but halted when William started to snicker. Blood gargled on his mouth and his shoulder shook as he laughed out loud.