S2-61 | Memoirs

Part Two
S2-61 Memoirs

Loki was reluctant to follow me. He kept silent throughout our way back and when I thought he was definitely going to take the turn that will lead home, he drove on, his blue eyes fixed on the road ahead.

I couldn't tell if he was mad at me.

"I'm doing as you say against my better judgement, but if I sense any danger following us, we will head back home. " he muttered, speeding up.

I know I shouldnt be asking this, but I couldn't help myself. "Why are you doing this?"

He spared me a tranquil gaze. "I told you I decide to trust you, didnt I?"

"But you said never to trust anyone"

"Yes. You shouldn't but it doesn't mean I couldn't." He droned on and wink at me. I felt myself relaxed. This is the Loki I know, cheeky and sarcastic and sometimes speaking in riddles.

"Why would you trust me anyway? I could be leading you to an enemy's hideout. I might be an 'enemy' "

"My instincts tell me your harmless. And I trust my instincts more than anything. It saved my life a lot of times. "

"Like?"

He stayed silent for a few minutes. I could almost see the gears turning in his head as he weighed down his options to tell me or not. I waited patiently.

"Like at the recent council assasination. "

My stomach churned at the mention of the horrific crime. It brought back countless of terrible memories of suffering and pain. I couldn't imagine what they had gone through.

"We were going to have a council meeting to discussed the upcoming war. I already felt something was wrong that day. I used to skip council meetings because they are boring. " he said, melancholy evident in his voice.

"I was planning to skip that time too, but a friend forced me to go." The sad smile that stretched his lips made my heart ache.

"She told me she'd beat me up if I don't show up, so I went. I was late though." He paused, taking a deep breath.

"When I arrived, she's on the floor, bloody and on the verge of dying."

I gripped the edge of my seat tightly. I shouldn't have asked him.

"I'm sorry Loki."

He shook his head and smirked. The sadness vanished instantly. "You don't need to apologize. You avenged her for me."

I didn't know what else to say. I could tell 'she' was a very important person to Loki.

"Anyway, thats why I'm telling you, my instincts are always right on the mark. Benedict also agrees. "

Benedict.

The accident when I trespassed on the room with the piano flashed in my mind.

"Do you know Benedict well?"

Loki nodded, sparing me a curious look. I flushed and look away from him.

"Don't tell me you like him?"

"No! Geez Loki, you're such a jerk. "

He grinned. "Just teasing you. I've known Benedict since we were five. What do you want to know about him?"

I fidgeted. Its just its been bugging me ever since he became angry. So I told Loki what happened back when I was held prisoner in the Ilgestrom estate. Loki's expression turned contemplative.