S2-78 | The Grand Scheme Part 2

*Fast turn-over of scenes from one to another. Read carefully. Thanks!

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S2-78 | The Grand Scheme Part 2

~Flashback

Dmitrov Mansion

The room was dimly illuminated with only the silver ray of the moon spilling out from open shutters. Sean Dmitrov stood by it, gazing outside, his thoughts surmounting one after another.

The wooden door open with a soft moan. Sharp footsteps followed until Luke Kireyev was standing before him. The dark shadows hid his expression but his blue eyes almost glowed in the dark –cold yet sinister.

"You have him sent over to the girl already?"

Sean nodded.

"You've raised the boy well," Luke commented with admiration for the elder man. Sean had taken in a mortal boy and turned him to be one of them. He was the brother of the boy that the werewolf King, Mason Romanov had adopted years ago.

"I've asked the Duke to proceed with our plan with the Romanov boy too."

Luke hummed his approval. There were three heirs to be taken care of. The Romanov boy-Arius, the Ivanov prince –Gustav and the Dmitrov heir –Christopher. The last one, Sean had asked him he will take as his own task to complete.

"And Gustav?"

"He's going to be killed tonight."

That brought a smile to Luke. "Adequate. When all this is over. Your wish will be granted too."

"All I wanted was to see the true ruler sit on the throne. We are destined for much greater than this. Mason should have known so." Bitterness seeped into Sean's words, coating them with malice.

"Yes. You're right. Soon she will be back and everything will once be in order."

*~*~*

A year before the Collin's murder
~LeChat's residence

Honey was about to open the front door but was taken aback when a man emerged from the other side. She took a step back and stared at the man but he merely bowed at her in an odd way of greeting and started to walk away.

"Oh dear, you're back early." Hadley LeChat, Honey's mother greeted her warmly.

"Mom, who's that man?"

"Oh. Just a preacher." Her mother waved her hand in the air and rolled her eyes.

Honey frowned. A preacher? The man didn't look like one. He even emitted an aura so cold, it sent goosebumps along her arms.

They went inside. The smell of freshly baked cookies wafted from the kitchen, easing her worry. She went directly over there and took a piece, biting on it.

"So, I've heard from Mrs. Douglas that the Collins needed a babysitter."

Honey stilled. "I didn't know you and Mrs. Douglas talk." Her mother was a reserved person and she rarely talks to anyone around the neighborhood. Especially not with the gossip-monger on town.

"We just met in the supermarket."

"I didn't think the Collins have a child. How old is she?" The Collins was new to this town. They had just moved a month ago and everyone knows they like to keep to themselves. They were also rumored to be filthy rich, owning the biggest house on the street.