S1-9 | The Monster

Don't forget to Vote and Comment if you like the story!

RECAP: I was shaking terribly as she finished the story. My trembling fingers sought out the fresh punctures in my neck. Tasha looked at me silently. The tears fell from my eyes. A strangled cry slipped past my lips.

He bit me.

And suddenly, everything makes sense now. Why I felt so different, unease with myself.

I was no longer human. I was his. Roarke turned me into a monster.

IX. The Monster

Roarke Romanov was a monster.

And he made me like him.

I looked down at my pale white hands, afraid that it would turn to something different. I sat silently in the dining table with Jonah and Tasha. I couldn't even bear to look at them.

I was being unreasonable. They didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I should thank them for saving me. But there was this void in my heart that felt so empty yet so heavy.

"Please eat Honey. You haven't eat anything for a week. You're still recovering." Tasha said softly from across the table. I lifted my head up and stared at her worried eyes.

I wanted to blame them. I wanted to be angry.

"W-where is he?" the words left my lip in a hurry. I gasped when I realized what I just said. Why was I searching for that monster?

"He'll be home soon enough. He won't like it if you don't eat." She said with a soft smile.

I quickly panicked and picked up my spoon and started to eat. He will be home soon .I should thank him... I should eat.

I snapped out from what seem to be a momentary daze and stared wide-eyed at the empty plate. The spoon cluttered as it fell down from my hands.

What the hell was I thinking? Why do I feel this need to please him? As if my happiness depended solely on him.

Was this an effect of being like him?

His voice rang in my head. "I own you."

It was as if I was doused with a cold bucket of ice-water. He own me. I was his from the very moment I opened my eyes. I sought Tasha and found her already looking at me. I opened my mouth to say something just then the door opened in a flash and Roarke came in quick long strides. His electric blue eyes were dark, it almost looked black. His gaze sweep the room until it landed on me. I stopped breathing as I felt the intensity of his stare.

And then his gaze fleeted on my expose neck, the side where he bit on. I instantly covered it with one hand, glaring at him defiantly. His eyes narrowed infinitesimally, if it even narrowed at all. His irises turned black and I have the feeling he was just a second away from punishing me again. I shivered at the memory of his sharp teeth biting into my skin.

"Come with me." He muttered in a low voice yet it was enough to raise downy hairs in my body. My body responded to the command and I found myself standing in front of him. I gasped and took a step back but he was quick enough to stop me. His fingers gripped my arm and yanked me to him.

I quivered in fear. What was he going to do???

His nostrils flared and he looked at me sharply. "You reeked of fear. It suits you well." He growled the words and dragged me with him. Tasha was blocking the door in seconds, her face a mask of barely restrained anger.