S1-51 | Last Strike

S51. Last Strike

The yellow band wrapped around the hind legs of the wolves' that joined the fray carry the silver crest of a chalice pierced with a sword. There was only one house that bore that crest.

The wolves of Dimitrov's had come to join the battle.

Both of the houses were bewildered with the sudden intrusion. Roarke quickly access the mind link of the pack, giving off orders in rapid succession as he fend off the wolves who had come to attack them. He spared his companions a glance.

Christopher and Ella were fighting three wolves together and Tristan was sparring against one while still securing the Ivanov soldier who tried to kill him.

Roarke made quick work of his opponents. Chris was immediately on his side, chucking his helmet off. His blue eyes now burned like liquid gold. The intrusion of his own men meant only one thing.

Sean Dmitrov, the present ruler of the house -before Chris's ascend to the throne as an heir- had betrayed them all and based on what Tristan said he had been planning it years ago.

Roarke felt the strain of the betrayal weighed him down and knew Chris was feeling worse than him. They never saw it coming. Sean was a great house leader, an uncle and a formidable mentor. He was a brother to his father, Mason. But whatever reasons he had for betraying them is unforgivable.

Chris shifted mid-stride, giving off a loud, authoritative howl that cut through the battle, earning the attention of his men. The wolves of Dmitrov's stopped. Roarke could imagine their confusion at the contradictory order between their present leader and future king.

Chris growled loudly, snapping his jaw, letting his authority and power reeked off him. A few wolves heed the call to be on his side but most of them ignored him, inexplicably showing to whom their loyalty lies. Chris gave off one warning growl which they ignored. Roarke was left no choice; he quickly gave off the order for his men to fight off against the Dmitrov's who refused to fight on their side.

"What the fuck is going on!" Tristan roared, storming off to the one who tried to kill him. But the Ivanov soldier looked as lost as they all were. He was betrayed too. Roarke clenched his teeth in rage. This was Sean's plan all along, for the Ivanov's and Romanovs to fights against each other and the Dmitrov's to take control of them.

Well, he is not letting that happen.

Chris lope around him, pouncing on the stranger, his claws hovered dangerously against his neck. He barred his canines out, growling lowly.

"I swear I don't know what is happening. He only ordered to kill him." The soldier's eyes flickered to Tristan. Chris growled lowly and quickly clamped his jaws in his neck, gratified at the instant death.

He howled in rage and was off to help the others, Ella hot on his trail.

A blade appeared on Tristan side. He glared at Roarke who stood there as calm as he could be.

"Go on, kill me." He spat, not moving to defend himself.

"What is Sean's plan?" He asked a bit distracted as he reach out for his bond with Honey and felt calmness pressed through it. He instantly relaxed.

Tristan breathed out harshly, "I don't have a fucking clue aside from wanting to get over dominion over the three houses." He cursed loudly. "I should have expected this."

Roarke's lips twitched to a sardonic smile. He itched to satisfy his bloodlust after knowing of the betrayal and he will.

"Stand down and I will let you go." He ordered.